Return of the Deuce

Monster Energy Factory Yamaha announced today that Cooper Webb will return from a shoulder injury this weekend at Round 12 of Monster Energy Supercross in Detroit.

Webb has been sidelined since crashing in Minneapolis and injuring his shoulder. According to the team, MRIs showed no breaks, separations or dislocations in his shoulder, but the deep bruising he did incur, sidelined him for more than a month.

“I’m extremely excited to be back racing this weekend!” Webb said in a team statement. “I’ve never been to Ford Field, so I’m looking forward to racing somewhere new and being back for all my fans. I’ve been working hard doing therapy for my shoulder and getting myself ready to race again, and I’m very eager to get back out there! I feel good, and I’m ready to go!”

Prior to his injury, Webb captured his first career 450SX podium in Oakland. He is currently 13th in points.

141033_carwebb_sx17_anaheim2_rs_0830.jpg

• Like 6

He's ready to put it to Anderson again.

Hopefully he can put it Dungey as well.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 3

Dungey better step up his game. With Coop coming back, Marvin running up front and Eli on fire, he has his work cut out for him just to make it on the box.

• Like 2

The title made me think about how bad he probably wants to drop that deuce of a 450 he is riding.  Excited to have coop back and agree this makes life tougher for Dungey. Or Tomac when he has his next bad race.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

The title made me think about how bad he probably wants to drop that deuce of a 450 he is riding.  Excited to have coop back and agree this makes life tougher for Dungey. Or Tomac when he has his next bad race.  

If Webb plays spoiler to Tomac and wins a race I'm going to be.....very conflicted!!!

• Like 7

I don't see CW making the box right away, Also I doubt he has the speed to beat Tomac. If Webb plays spoiler it will be for RD and in the last couple of races.

• Like 5

Dungey 4 th place , unless Aldon finds some kind of miracle mixture of chemicals in the lab that can make Dungey hold the gas on longer and brake later 

Tomac

Marvin

Webb

Dungey

Edited by Biff Barf
  • Like 1

You all are funny.. I know you all have raced a full season a time or two.. you all should know, that coops race speed won't be on par with the top 3 guys.. coop will be a top 8 guy but not a top three for several rounds

• Like 4

1 hour ago, M1Garand said:

I don't see CW making the box right away, Also I doubt he has the speed to beat Tomac. If Webb plays spoiler it will be for RD and in the last couple of races.

I bet you're one of those closet beeeznotches that doubted JMART in the 450's at Daytona too right?   Dude bleeds BLUE. What does that mean you ask?  HE IS IN IT every damn race he enters.  Don't ever question the Super Coop's desire and resolve :naughty:

• Like 2

I bet you're one of those closet beeeznotches that doubted JMART in the 450's at Daytona too right?   Dude bleeds BLUE. What does that mean you ask?  HE IS IN IT every damn race he enters.  Don't ever question the Super Coop's desire and resolve :naughty:

I had jmart around 10th, I cant help but think that he had extra traction in the sand from all the yammi nut swingers.
I'm a fan of Little boy blue coop, think he will do well down the road, However this year The terminator doesn't care what color your bike is, he's gonna eat them all up.
  • Like 2

I'm not a huge Webb believer but.... he has that rc small mans syndrome and he's probably training his ass off.  

That being sAid. I hope he gets crushed.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, slowgs2001 said:

You all are funny.. I know you all have raced a full season a time or two.. you all should know, that coops race speed won't be on par with the top 3 guys.. coop will be a top 8 guy but not a top three for several rounds

I was thinking the same thing, some people are expecting too much for a first race back.  That said, I understand the optimism as Coop is not wired the same as most of those guys and a good start is the high water that covers a lot of stumps.  Top eight would actually be pretty solid after 3-4 weeks off.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, indy rider said:

Dungey better step up his game. With Coop coming back, Marvin running up front and Eli on fire, he has his work cut out for him just to make it on the box.

Webb can't ride the pace. 

Dungey has been on the podium something like 95% of the races he has entered, best average in history behind rc?

• Like 3