Help installing 400E cams (A&B)

I recently pick up a set of A/B cams out of a 400E in great shape. My question is on the exhaust cam there's the centrifugal weight I know what it's purpose is.

I remember in some thread on this site people where saying to loose weight, remove the spring or just leave it and install. For the life of me I can't fine the conversation believe me I've looked!  Please forgive me if this has been brought up two dozen times before.

Thank you in advance.

The exhaust cam has the automatic compression release.  The small pin that engages with the weight sometimes fails and is ground up in the motor.  This is not unique to the E cams. It can happen to any DRZ400 OEM cam.  Some people leave the compression release mechanism intact.  Some people remove it.  If you choose to remove it, it can easily be broken off without removeing the drive sprocket.  If you remove it, you must remove all of it - alignment pin, snap ring, weight, collar, the works.  Put the cam in a bench vise end ways.  Use a crescent wrench to break the mechanism off. (amazingly easy)  Then remove the smaller pieces.  No need to grind it off.

• Like 4