This is NOT a for sale ad!

I am just curious, if I put the 2001 XR400R up for sale, what should I ask? It's in literally perfect condition, has 1600 original miles on it yes....sixteenhundred! And runs like a new bike because it really is. I have already put everything on it to plate it although have yet to street plate it. Plus it has brand new tires and chain and sprockets. Also has a billet toip clamp, pro taper bars and both the closed course insert and the cali legal one.l As said, not trying to sell here just wondering what to ask if I do decide to sell it. I'm only toying with the idea because I may want to put some money into my new project truck....

Mighty XR4hunnie.jpg

Because you are in NM I would think $2200-$2500. I bought mine in Houston a few months ago for $1800 including delivery which I estimate at about $300.

Because you are in NM I would think $2200-$2500. I bought mine in Houston a few months ago for $1800 including delivery which I estimate at about $300.

Agreed. Nice bike you got, someone out there will give $2500 for a nice clean XR4 like yours, especially if already titled for plate.

20 minutes ago, RideEnduros said:

Agreed. Nice bike you got, someone out there will give $2500 for a nice clean XR4 like yours, especially if already titled for plate.

@RideEnduros The fact that he is titled and plated would push the price up in the $2500 range as you've stated.  

@KevinXR What gauge do you have on there? Is it a trail tech or similar? Good clean looking bike.

I would start up around $3000 because it will do several things.

It will insure that only buyers with sufficient funds will contact you and not the ten year old that has $500 burning a hole in his pocket.

It will give you room to negotiate with the buyers who want to think they are getting a deal.

It will keep you from getting overwhelmed with calls if you price it too low.

• Like 1

I would say $2500 as it looks really clean.  I don't know if you've ever tried to plate an OH vehicle here in NM but it is almost impossible unless you have some serious connections, several States around us are not to bad one being Colorado.  So I would say eBay it or list on CL in CO.  Good things you have it titled but unfortunately you can not sell it as ready to plate at least not with good conscious to someone here in NM.  Good luck.

I'm my area it appeared when selling my last bike that a lot of people were turned off by no title. So if you have a title there is a value there beyond the bikes worth. For instance I paid $2200 for an 01 xr 400 back in 2014 that appears to be in slightly worse shape than yours, with a street title. So I'd say $2500 with a title would be fair but it's all about finding that buyer who is serious and willing to pay what it's worth. The last transaction on a bike I did they buyer agreed the bike was worth more but was only willing to pay what he offered.