Dunlop mx52

What cj said.

If you plan on riding in mud, that tire is not one I would choose. If a bike came with one, I would run it in the back, but the front 52 would be intolerable in clay mud. What area are you in? Track, or woods? Is your goal to find a tire that works well on hardpack, and doesn't kill you in mud?

The MX32 (MS3S) front works well in mud for me. It's one of my favorite front tires, in general. 

What cj said.
If you plan on riding in mud, that tire is not one I would choose. If a bike came with one, I would run it in the back, but the front 52 would be intolerable in clay mud. What area are you in? Track, or woods? Is your goal to find a tire that works well on hardpack, and doesn't kill you in mud?
The MX32 (MS3S) front works well in mud for me. It's one of my favorite front tires, in general. 

Yeah i want to find a good front and rear tire that would work good in hard pack tracks and trails but won't kill me in the mud

20 minutes ago, Alex_3401 said:

Yeah i want to find a good front and rear tire that would work good in hard pack tracks and trails but won't kill me in the mud

I've been extremely pleased with the Kenda Parker DT.  Both ends.

• Like 1

I run the MX52 front in all conditions.  Most of my riding is dry sand and hard pack but when it rains I run it in the wet too.  I find it to be a long wearing and predictable tire.  Turns well and does not have any tendency to wash out. 

I didn't like the rear as much.  Going back to Michelin on that end.

• Like 3

I only ride track so that this for what it is worth. But the tracks I ride are prep'ed and watered. Dirt is well taken care of but we have some great soil for dirt biking here in NorCal. Translate that to mud. Even in the dead of summer our tracks start off well watered. Even though they water throughout the day the track will get packed and hard by the end of the day in summer.

I like to run an Intermediate tire on the rear and soft of the front. So far I have used MX3S (MX32) on the front and MX52 on the rear. I have also did the same with the Battlecross X20/X30. I still have not really decided if I like the Dunlop vs the Bridgestone better. Point being I like the soft in the front with an intermediate on the rear. But a lot is going to depend upon the soil conditions you ride in. Even for me, if I put a soft tire on the rear, it wears out way to fast if it ever sees anything close to hard packed.

1 hour ago, Alex_3401 said:

In the front, I find a soft terrain crosses over to hard terrain better than a hard terrain tire crosses over to soft. But lifespan is sacrificed, and many of them will chuck knobs.  Some people complain about the knobs squirming in corners, but it doesn't really bother me, personally. I might be too slow. Intermediate MX tires (MX51, Motoz I/T, etc) are mediocre everywhere in my experience. I'm still looking for this "intermediate terrain". The enduro/desert oriented intermediates (AT81, Parker DT) seem to be more "all terrain" than their moto cousins, but I am biased.

Long story short, I would choose the MX32 in the front, and pretty much whatever in the rear. I like the AT 81 rear tire alot. Parker DT and AT81 are the only two IT's I've liked enough to buy twice. The Parker works well on the front, also. 

I also run the mx52 front and back in every condition. I have tried a few others. The 52's are where it's at for running 40 miles of trail straight to the track and then hitting dirt roads back. They hold up pretty well and perform well in almost all dirt types. They do seem to wear a little quick, but honestly, no tire seems to last for me.

They work good for what they are intended for, intermediate. In the mud they work ok but in that case is go with Michelin starcross 5 med for intermediate and something that works better in the mud as well(for something that isn't a mud tire)