1993 KLX250D - JUMPS INTO GEAR

Afternoon all, I have an old 1993 klx250d which runs great but keeps jumpin into gear, does it even when u try & kickstart it so I have to start with clutch in, I thought it was the gear shift pedal cos that was loose / rounded on shaft so I took it off but the bike still jumps into gear, its seems like its always just nearly in gear & the slightest vibration sticks it into 1st,. Any advice / thoughts would be most helpful or its gonna be sell the old girl time If I cant sort, thanks & stay safe n upright out there

2000 klx 250 1.jpg

2000 klx 250 2.jpg

2000 klx 250 3.jpg

My first suggestion is that I would like to have one like it to loan to my brother inlaw.   The only rigs I have had that would do that were as  yours is really worn.   One of those had a detent spring that was bad,  the other had enough play in the mainshaft bearings that you could feel it when you lifted up and down on the clutch basket and moved back and forth.   I could just picture the shaft shifting back and forth and gear dogs contacting due to the worn bearings and some slop in the shifting forks.

Did you swap forks on that one?    I seem to recall those coming with USD's.