tool kit

i just got a new 2016 crf250l, it did not come with a tool kit, i got a real nice locking tool box, tool pouch, 2 allens wrechs, fuse puller, and a sponge to keep the tools (that u dont get)  from rattleing, dealer says they only come with those items i listed. what if u need to change the plug or adjust the chain. any body have the same problum

20 minutes ago, ronnierhino06 said:

what if u need to change the plug or adjust the chain.

The North American market does not get the tools. You will need to acquire your own. 

• Like 1

Per Honda, that is the tool kit for the US market.  Most included toolkits suck anyway, and much of what I would have carried 20 years ago (carb kit, spare plugs, tubes/spoons) isn't as relevent unless you are in the middle of nowhere.  I cut the divider in the toolbox out to carry more stuff, multi-tool with bits and 1/4" adapter with a few metric and hex bit sockets, couple metric wrenches (primarily for control adjustments or bulbs), insurance/registration, and a disc lock with alarm.  Most anything that couldn't fix would require parts anyway, or tools that won't fit in the box.

Edited by alucard0822
  • Like 1

I cut the divider out too and carry a couple simple tools plus a gun cable lock to lock my front wheel (through the disk) and my paperwork.

• Like 1

Here's my toolkit...

Tools1.jpg

IMG_20170214_062801 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20170214_063449 (Medium).jpgIMG_20170214_064011 (Medium).jpg

Also under the Seat

IMG_20170214_065636 (Medium).jpg

Zip Ties, Mechanic Wire, 2 Tire Levers and Duct tape (Inside Black Documents Pouch)

Edited by JPD2015
  • Like 5