Stupid Turn Signal / Horn button locations

Am I the only one that feels Honda has screwed up the placement of turn signal and horn controls?  I have owned over 20 bikes and think the horn was below the turn signal on all of them.  Any time I try to use the turn signal there is a 20% chance I will instead blast my horn at the person in front of me.  If I am not imagining this, is there a fix?  Another Honda that does not have them backwards?

Attached are my 996 & 250L left controls (don't get me started about the light on/off issue too, apparently Americans are too dumb to be allowed to make that decision for ourselves).

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

Took me a solid month before I mostly stopped honking when I tried to use turn signals.  Supposedly the layout will make it's way to all Hondas, and was intended to make it easier to hit the horn in a hurry.  Now that I've gotten used to it I like the layout, simple, large buttons and rockers instead of sliders for most things.  Now same thing happens when I jump on other bikes. 

52 minutes ago, gnath9 said:

I always run high beams on during the day ... ?  and am teaching my boy to do the same ... :prof:

That's a great safety measure to help prevent the dreaded left turner from not being able to see you. I have been doing this for many years and teach anyone I ride with to do the same.

• Like 1

On 26.3.2017 at 8:09 AM, Evan D said:

What did you use? I've always wanted to add a lights on off switch too...

Not shure as they all came from a second Hand Warehouse . Guess CBR 600 .

Buy a bunch of it and all the Bikes have the same no trouble finding every button blind at first ride dos not matter how long i was not riding the Bike .

But no light on/off switch . 

That can be done with a diode and a relay even without a switch . Drawing is some where on the internet .

If you start the Bike with low beam >no lights . first time you switch to highbeam , Highbeam work plus close the relay contact in the Low Beam wire permanent untill Ignition off . 

Easy mod.

• Like 2

if you want absolute OFF/ON control, just bypass all the stock circuitry. wire the headlights/turn signals directly through the battery to their own circuits.

headlights...as stated....easy, 3 way switch between the battery and the light.

turn signals....a little harder but not as hard. a switch between the lights and the battery with any blinker unit on the market that can handle the bulbs. you can get fancy and do some circuitry for having them turn off on their own or whatever. but. other than that....easy peasy.

of course, like the others....still no clue why you'd want to be LESS visible. DRLs are proven to make you safer. and, it's not like they're hurting anything...unless your lights are aimed directly into your eyes.

13 hours ago, lexotic242 said:

Gnath9, I like those options, do you know the brand? Where did you find the picts, Amazon? Plug and play? (I suck at soldering) ??

I searched google images for those pic's ....  for some reason I can not get links to work.  

baja designs is one of them. 

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, gnath9 said:

Some people claim that if you can turn them off when off roading you will have less burn't out bulbs ... :thinking:

at some point my buddy couldn't start his TW with the lights on....he just reached under the front and pulled the plug when we were in the woods.