Riding Technique go with the flow

Hi,

As a sensei once told me if you don't move forward like a bike you will fall in life always move forward.

With this thread forget all you know riders always learning.

Now let's observe me riding in sandy track with my 2007 yz250 with a KTM 550,notice the yz front is hard to turn you have to spin the rear ie slide/drift the rear,in sand especially one of the finest sands as in small grain size,you keep your weight on the back wheel as much as possible.if you observe the rider behind is a better rider look at his body position plus its a heavier bike stabilises and forgiving (cause its heavier,but more powerful not forgiving with throttle).And as you know in sand you can't really throttle off for long have to keep momentum up even in tightest hairpin situation you can't go too slow or fast ,slow front digs in,too fast,too much sliding.

Watch my arms are maybe in the wrong position for you,for me they are loose and relaxed and tense at right moment, ,works for me what you can't feel me counterweighing the outside peg in the turn really hard and stabbing the throttle,yammie is from mid end torque you have to throttle her.

I was literally leg pressing the other side hard,my other foot dabbing down sometimes

In this riding tip,I'm saying counter weigh the pegs always ,and you can really wrestle the bike with more aggressive leaning on flat track sand.be fit always feel the bike with your legs always its all legs.

And that's fine sand and very fine dust on top,riding in rift valley in Kenya.plenty of dry river beds hills sand mud black cotton mud(the slipperiest even for 4x4s

Adapt to any circumstance and terrain surface and feel the bike 

Observe my baby in action.

And yeah that's how dusty it is

Keep them coming in the techniques and tips

10499356_1425834467696153_7143066207192744846_o.jpg

1921025_1432657097013890_2371940242315240245_o.jpg

Edited by shaq

Sitting too far back on the seat. Move further forward and your front end won't wash as easily, you shouldn't strictly use your rear to steer unless it's a 100% flat, slick corner. If you've got anything at all to bank off of, steering with the front will be a lifesaver. if you are using your rear to steer, you want the back tire to break loose and spin into that "drift." You'll want to be on the front of the seat for that, because the back will slide smoother, your weight being on the rear will cause unwanted and random traction hook ups, and the suspension to react more harshly to any bumps. Your elbows are also too low, they should always be at least above the bars, no matter the position you're in. Your toes are pointed outwards which is a big no no, not only that you can't squeeze the bike with your legs nearly as well if your toes are pointed out. When you're sitting and your toes are pointed out, your knees spread. if you ride a rough and rutted sand track, you don't want to not be squeezing with your legs. But also, your toes pointing outwards will hook a rut and snap your ankle or rip your feet off the pegs. Pointing your toes in, and riding on the balls of your feet is the most controlled and balanced way to ride. If you move your toes "inward" to hit your rear brakes, you're pointing them out. I don't move my toes inward, I pick my foot up slightly, move it straight forward and step on my brakes, then getting off them, I pull my foot straight back, to where the ball of my foot is centered on the peg. Never moving inwards or outwards. Stabbing the throttle isnt something you want to do. Rolling it on smooth on exit and carrying more momentum into the turn is the most controlled way. Controlled and smooth is fast
So we can break it down.
-Sitting further forward
-Elbows up
-Squeezing with your knees
-Toes pointed in
-Balls of the feet on the pegs
-Carry more momentum into the turn
-Smooth throttle on the exit of the turn

• Like 3