Important weekend for Dungey.

After last weekend's fade and "just a dirt bike race" comment, I will be interested to see how RD rebounds this weekend. There are enough races left for Tomac to simply rip the title from Dungey if things continue as they have. I really think Dungey needs to make a statement that he's not finished yet, if in fact he isn't. I've always been a fan of both riders, but would love to see Dungey finish what will likely be his final season defiantly. He's accomplished enough already, but it would be great to see him be the first SX rider ever to win both his rookie year (450) and final year. He's always ridden better whe he has things well under control, in my opinion. Things are far from that right now, so it will be interesting to see if his heart's still in it. I'd love to see those two wrestle hard for it. I really hope both aren't victim to bad luck, such as mechanicals or nonsense by other riders so they may battle to the end. A strong RD ride can indicate we need to strap in tight for the rest of an exciting season. A lackluster ride could indicate quite the opposite.

May the best rider win in a fair fight to the end.

• Like 2

I think it depends on which Dungey shows up, the one who went from last to fourth at Daytona or the one who rode uninspired to third last week.

• Like 2

Being behind on points, I think the weekend is more important for Tomac

Dungey's mind is It's just a dirt bike race and other things are more important.

Well the Terminator doesn't care which RD shows up, he's going to drop the hammer again and to lay waste to the field.:prof:

RD is gonna need a few wins and I'm not sure he's going to get them.

• Like 4

6 Races to go! But I think Dungey will still ride conservatively, and hope for something/anything to happen to the runaway freight train known as Tomac!

If Dungey gets the Holeshot, then he might try to get the win and add some points to his total. But if Tomac threatens, Dungey will let him go.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

6 Races to go! But I think Dungey will still ride conservatively, and hope for something/anything to happen to the runaway freight train known as Tomac!

If Dungey gets the Holeshot , then he might try to get the win and add some points to his total. But if Tomac threatens, Dungey will let him go.

Et is running close to k-roc pace.  The only way I feel Et does not win if he screws up.  To bad k-roc and ET are not battling it out, then again - ET might not have bloomed. 

• Like 5

If Dungey gets the Holeshot, then he might try to get the win and add some points to his total. But if Tomac threatens, Dungey will let him go.

I don't think dungey really can let him go. He will also have to keep second in front of someone like musquin bagget reed webb seely so he definitely can't relax
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Havingfun said:

Et is running close to k-roc pace.  The only way I feel Et does not win if he screws up.  To bad k-roc and ET are not battling it out, then again - ET might not have bloomed. 

Tomac is faster than Kroc was at the beginning of the season. Dungey was running Roczens pace after the first round, he's nowhere near Tomac now. This would've been an interesting three way battle had Roczen stayed healthy?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DesertCR said:

Tomac is faster than Kroc was at the beginning of the season. Dungey was running Roczens pace after the first round, he's nowhere near Tomac now. This would've been an interesting three way battle had Roczen stayed healthy?

Is Tomac going faster, or is Dungey going slower?  Seems to me that Dungey is going slower ever since KRoc went down.

• Like 6

I guess you could say hes been inconsistent in speed/aggressive riding. He did come back from that bad start at Daytona to a 4th...... But Im telling you theres something about Eli when he clicks, the dude flat out hauls the mail! Nobody's ever gapped Dungey by over a minute in a National, not even RV!!!

• Like 6

Dungey can say it's just a dirt bike race but I doubt that is how he really feels rather trying to minimize his loss. I think he is still motivated to win but also wants to end healthy.

• Like 6

The real question is what tomac shows up. If hes happy and gets a good start, that points lead gets even smaller

Just a guess, based on his riding and interviews, but I think Dungey is done. I think he saw what happened to the fastest rider in the world, and he remembers what happened to him in MX. Slightly differently in that neck injury and he's paralyzed forever.

He's got a beautiful wife who appears to be a life partner, and he's got so much accomplished. I think he's over it, at least to the point where he will not risk riding out of control. If he comes in 2nd, still been a great ride. Time for a wife, a life, and a family.

• Like 9

Just a guess, based on his riding and interviews, but I think Dungey is done. I think he saw what happened to the fastest rider in the world, and he remembers what happened to him in MX. Slightly differently in that neck injury and he's paralyzed forever.

He's got a beautiful wife who appears to be a life partner, and he's got so much accomplished. I think he's over it, at least to the point where he will not risk riding out of control. If he comes in 2nd, still been a great ride. Time for a wife, a life, and a family.

Bingo.

19 minutes ago, LSHD said:

Problem is, in this sport, that's nearly as dangerous!! Jimmy Button was just rolling thru the whoops when he ackwardly fell and was nearly paralyzed. This Sport is Brutal.

• Like 4

And just look at JA21 getting a bike and rider landed on top of him. That was not caused by him pushing hard... 

• Like 1

I think Ryan did well at Detroit, but the Moto Gods just aren't in his corner presently. Both he and Eli had bad starts, only Dungey's came in the main vs. Tomac's in his heat. Tomac has clearly turned a corner in his racing. He now actually backs off a bit once the win is assured. He has confidence only attained by actual effort, talent and experience. He finally has bonded with his Kawasaki, put the shoulder injuries behind him and appears less desperate. He now "knows" he's going to win when he has a nice lead and doesn't force the issue.

So Dungey has real competition in Tomac, but uncharacteristically poor starts have really added to his challenge. He seemed a lot more relaxed in Detroit than last week.

Is it likely that Tomac keeps getting great starts while Dungey struggles with his? Is it likely that Tomac runs the table with no misfortune or errors?

Dungey has to beat Eli a few more times for the title. In the past, he's been able to up his game when necessary. I hope he nails some starts and keeps this interesting through Las Vegas.

To his credit, throughout every one of his eleven professional seasons it's always been Dungey vs. Someone for the title. Impressive.

• Like 3

I'm interested to see how ET3 looks outdoors. Its hard to see if he's really changed his style much on an SX track

His style hasent changed, his maturity has

3 years ago it was becoming obvious that Tomac had somthing the others dont, BUT he needed to refine  and gain a bit more wisdom if that ability was going to survive. Even at the beginning of the year when he was struggling you could still see moments of brilliance. Many knew that if he gets it together there would be real trouble with him.

This week was telling  BTW. Usually the rougher and more rutted tracks show Eli's skill but now he has shown that even on a completly oposite surface he adapted perfectly ans kept it all reeled in. When he was following Moose he was obviously holding back. It was easy for him.

I have suspected for yrs that if he can stay healthy long enough to prove it, Tomacs technic will be studied closely  

• Like 3