What is this??

Just now, Brock Blubaugh said:

Ok where does that oil come from...the tranny oil?

Your fuel mix. It's a two stroke. The only oil that lubes the bearings inside crank area is the mix you use with the gas. 

Remember Gas cools, oil lubes. 32:1 recommended, and then there is jetting for any other combination. 

Transmission oil is for the transmission. 

Your fuel mix. It's a two stroke. The only oil that lubes the bearings inside crank area is the mix you use with the gas. 
Remember Gas cools, oil lubes. 32:1 recommended, and then there is jetting for any other combination. 
Transmission oil is for the transmission. 

Ok thanks

14 minutes ago, Brock Blubaugh said:

I got another question for you guys. What am I doing wrong whenever I try to put in the power valve oil seal on the end of the rod. It keeps leaking

Worn out shaft? 

Photos are easy to upload, lets se your shaft (the PV one to clarify) 

• Like 1

Put a few drops of straight 2 stroke oil in each hole before putting the piston sleeve back on.

Worn out shaft? 

1490404797748.jpeg1490404845254.jpeg
Worn out shaft? 

It's crazy because it never leaked until I replaced it and my 250 does the same thing

43 minutes ago, Splat03 said:

Put a few drops of straight 2 stroke oil in each hole before putting the piston sleeve back on.

I roll the bearing in 2 stroke oil befor assemble, I dible a little on big end, and put drops down the side ports to the main bearings also.

41 minutes ago, Brock Blubaugh said:

1490404797748.jpeg1490404845254.jpeg
It's crazy because it never leaked until I replaced it and my 250 does the same thing

Shaft looks a little aron. What does the head look like behind the seal? Put shaft back in without seal and check for excessive play, play will cause the shaft to rattle and cause leak. Also, make sure vent passage is clear for back pressure. 

Edited by Gary YZDOC

Grease that seal every chance you get. A little on the shaft right there won't hurt either.

• Like 1