#8 slide & Zuk needle problems

09 yz250, vforce 3, fatty/shorty combo, fresh top end, stock squish, clean filter...

i live at 8700', bike runs ok but trying to get rid of the 1/3throttle blubber.

bought a Zuk needle(NECJ) and #8 slide, thats where the probs began.

45pj, 165mj, needle on 3rd slot, #8 slide...first off, slide is sticking on the botton(closed throttle) and upon starting, idle is uncontrollably HIGH!!!!

removed #8 & Zuk needle, put Zuk needle in my old #7 slide...slide doesnt stick, but idle is still high but not as high as #8 slide.

did a little reading & thought it might be just to lean so zuk needle back into #8 slide BUT bumped up to 48pj & 170mj, needle still in 3rd slot.  idle is way down but still can't get the bike to die when throttle is closed other than completely close air screw...

thoughts, suggestions???

I believe the #8 slide requires a special cable holder (mine did, got it from JD Jetting). Might be your slide is hanging up?

• Like 1

idle screw is backed out to where it should not be affecting the idle.  in order for the idle screw to increase the idle, i have to turn it in 2-3 turns.

vforce is new and allen screws are tight, should i run a bead of RTV on it?

i have the cable holder that came with the slide and was using it, mine came from JD jetting as well.

a bit of RTV on the vforce is a good idea, they leak sometimes.

you can spray brake cleaner on the engine to look for a leak

is the idle high with or without the choke?

i'll pull the vforce and apply a little rtv just to be safe...

i already sprayed brake cleaner all around, over & under everything around the carb w/o any change.

high idle is w/o the choke on...

i'll get it figured out, was planning on messing with it more yesterday but got 2ft of new snow thur night...i'm about ready for spring i think!!