Looking for an inexpensive rear tire

I'm looking for an inexpensive 18" rear tire for my dirt bike.  It is tagged so I occasionally run it down the road but not too often.  The last rear I put on was a $53 Dunlop (non DOT) but it looks like they are discontinued now, so I'm on the hunt for my next cheap tire.  I would think an intermediate tire would be the best for me.

Looking for opinions of what has worked for you guys.  Thank you!

• Like 1

rockymountain mc has good selection, I just bought an irc ve35 intermediate front from them, they have the rear as well. the tire seems decent haven't had much ride time on it... if mainly off road I say the cheaper the better. the rear is around 70$ though.

1 hour ago, Yokomo said:

I'm looking for an inexpensive 18" rear tire for my dirt bike.  It is tagged so I occasionally run it down the road but not too often.  The last rear I put on was a $53 Dunlop (non DOT) but it looks like they are discontinued now, so I'm on the hunt for my next cheap tire.  I would think an intermediate tire would be the best for me.

Looking for opinions of what has worked for you guys.  Thank you!

I second the trackmaster. decent value price point tire.    Probably the best pavement gravel road rock and if you drop the pressure not too bad on muddier trails.   No paddle affect,   but everything else is passable.  kind of one of those tires that doesn't get an a in anything,  but doesnt dip below a c plus either.

The kenda trackmaster is the best bang for your buck as its very cheap and works ok, its one the more popular dot rear tires for this reason.

I like the kenda parker dt a little better tho, it works better. Its not real cheap but last quite well and still works ok when 1/2 wore out which most tires don't.

The maxxis dessert it is good too, while not the cheapest it last the longest.

Those are the 3 most popular tires we run around my place, we ride in rocky old mines and down fire roads which eats tires up.

6 hours ago, clappedoutkx said:

Sedona 907 is cheap and works well on hard surfaces. 

Surprisingly well on softer stuff also. I put one on my spare wheel to save my new intermediate Bridgestone for events and have found it works great everywhere. I have a lot of sand to loam and other than pure dry sand I am leaving it on, not worth the effort to change the wheel. And the wear is almost nothing after six months. In the soft stuff I lower the air to eight lbs and it hooks up great.

• Like 1

This a Canadian place where I occasionally buy stuff on line from and at least in Canada free shipping over $49 and you get $10 off of you buy a pair of tires and IMO great when I don't buy local.

Anyway IMO it's one of the easier places so sort by on tire types (IE Dual Sport or DOT) and might give you some ideas.

https://fortnine.ca/en/dirt-bike-motocross-tires/dual_sport_tires_?dir=asc&order=price

I've got a buddy who only rides trails and only uses the Kenda TrakMaster II and from what I've seen great all-round tire for the $$$.

Then with not sure about buying from Fortnine when you are in the US but you might be-able to get another 25% of with the US to CDN exchange rate :)

7 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:
14 hours ago, clappedoutkx said:

Surprisingly well on softer stuff also. I put one on my spare wheel to save my new intermediate Bridgestone for events and have found it works great everywhere. I have a lot of sand to loam and other than pure dry sand I am leaving it on, not worth the effort to change the wheel. And the wear is almost nothing after six months. In the soft stuff I lower the air to eight lbs and it hooks up great.

Does the 907 work ok with a tube in it?

I've seen reviews of it that said to only run it with tubliss and 5 psi.

This seller on ebay has tire sales all the time.  Typically around $50 shipped.     Good seller to keep an eye on.   They have front and rear sets for like $102 or so.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=chaparralmotosports&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.X120%2F100-18.TRS0&_nkw=120%2F100-18&_sacat=0

Edited by subxero

1 hour ago, biglake said:

Does the 907 work ok with a tube in it?

I've seen reviews of it that said to only run it with tubliss and 5 psi.

Yeah the tire is pretty stiff, you can run it lower then normal psi and get away with it.

The best low budget tire is the one that wears well. The Maxxis Desert IT does and I run one a lot. It also works well in most terrain for me.

On March 25, 2017 at 2:39 AM, clappedoutkx said:

This.