Dr250 clutch HELP!

Hey guys got a head scratcher. I picked up a 1990 dr250. Runs ok top end is good. Heres my problem. The clutch will not disengage. I bought a used full basket/housing assembly with plates and hardware which are in good shape. The plates are indtalled as man. Specs are conserned. Have everything installed but before i put a new gasket on and bolt her down i wanted to ensure proper function. With the cable off i put the bike in gear and turn the clutch pinion lever acting as if im pulling the clutch. And i cant get her to roll freely. What am i missing?

Edited by Steve Comtois
Clarity

Hey guys got a head scratcher. I picked up a 1990 dr250. Runs ok top end is good. Heres my problem. The clutch will not disengage. I bought a used full basket/housing assembly with plates and hardware which are in good shape. The plates are indtalled as man. Specs are conserned. Have everything installed but before i put a new gasket on and bolt her down i wanted to ensure proper function. With the cable off i put the bike in gear and turn the clutch pinion lever acting as if im pulling the clutch. And i cant get her to roll freely. What am i missing?

Very common problem on the DR250 and DR350. Has to do with the thrust washers and clearancing the clutch basket. Post up on Advrider's DR350 thread, do some googling or wait for a more competent guru to come along.

I just re-read your post. I remember doing the same thing with my clutch. It's difficult to turn that pinion by hand as hard as you would with the cable. Finish putting it together and test it out then. No need to worry about it at this stage.

Ps: is you're DR250 a dirt model? If so, I have a cylinder laying around that needs a home. $15 and it's yours. Shipped.