Twisted Axle lug - caliper side rmz 450 2015

so, i crashed {becasue some stupid rider ..} broke the stock caliper bracket and bent the rotor ... thought its a good chance to upgrade to an oversize rotor {cause we all know -stock is shit}

so i orderd a galfer oversize kit with a bracket...and guess what - its not a tight fit after fighting to install the bracket i put everrything in place mounted the front wheel  and - the rotor touches the bracket - it cannot spin... so as far as i can tell the axle lug got F****d up and twisted .

any id what to do ? is it possible to fix it? or no chance at all ?

image1.JPG

Well - took the pig to my mechanic for inspection- the guy is an artist- fixed it quickly and with no big issues.

The bracket they sent me was the right one - I thought it wasn't also but all is good now.

Stock front brake is a piece of shit.

The galfer stuff is crazy .

• Like 1

Well - took the pig to my mechanic for inspection- the guy is an artist- fixed it quickly and with no big issues.

The bracket they sent me was the right one - I thought it wasn't also but all is good now.

Stock front brake is a piece of shit.

The galfer stuff is crazy .

Was your rotor bolt hitting?

So just to update the thread, I saw that it's fixed already, but did he tell you what the issue was? Just in case someone else runs into this Same issue down the road?

2 things

1 - the fork axle lug got twisted by 2/3 mm both up and down.

2 - galfer bracket doesn't fit even after the mechanic fixed the bent stuff the rotor got stuck on the bracket - so he just shaved the bracket enough to make it happen.

Galfer still didn't answered me.

But it works good and much better the stock - stock is absolutely worthless.

• Like 3