Back on blue after a orange break!!

Well I am finally back on a Yamaha after taking a break with 3 different KTM's!! I rode a buddies 16 450 FX a few months back and was hooked after 1/2 lap. Didn't want to give it back.. lol so today I picked up my 17 450 FX !! I have been off yamahas since my 09 which was the best bike I ever had. Anything I should know about the new ones? Already hot springs on order & trying to decide on exhaust since I need a sparky.

IMG_6309.JPG

IMG_6316.JPG

• Like 2

The dry weight of the 2017 450fx without kickstart is 249 lbs. the 450 xc w which is the fairest Ktm bike comparison is 244 lbs and the xcf at 241. So yeah.... if u can shed 5 lbs on the fx it's pretty reasonable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krannie McKranface said:

Not gonna go down this road, as already stated.

If it's that important to you, you  figure out the weights.

What are you talking about?  That was a different thread....think this guy can conduct his thread however he'd like.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GHILL28 said:

What are you talking about?  That was a different thread....think this guy can conduct his thread however he'd like.

If you look around, you will find that MCG is obcessed with weight and will derail any and every post he is in talking about all the wonderful things he does to save weight. 

I'm not taking the bait.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 8:39 AM, stevethe said:

Somebody said there was one baffle in there? Just as easy to ditch it for a slip on.

Definitely no baffle in mine.  Plus, the FX and the YZ share the same part number for the silencer.

On 3/25/2017 at 0:00 AM, noslo98 said:

Already hot springs on order & trying to decide on exhaust since I need a sparky.

Search for the threads in here, you can order a Dr. D spark arrestor kit for under $20 and put it in the stock exhaust.  Even comes with a fancy little sticker saying your exhaust is USFS legal.

• Like 4