Looking for Advice from the TT Community

"Not near the bike" is a common red flag indicating a Craigslist scammer but also could be nothing. Bike looks good, in my area it would be much more expensive with those mods.

Why is the dash out of the bike? Does it have the Oem speedo on the bike atm? Or is it unknown mileage?

He did send me additional pics via email. Looked very recent. The ones in the ad must have been from earlier. The dash is currently mounted I think the pic of it unmounted was before installing the. Not sure about mileage. Will ask about the original speedo when I look at it. Maybe the title/registration will have that?

• Like 1

That's real nice for the money. Budget for springs though, gonna be massively stiff.

Supposedly the stock ones are included. I weigh 180 so I'll have to do something quick...

He did send me additional pics via email. Looked very recent. The ones in the ad must have been from earlier. The dash is currently mounted I think the pic of it unmounted was before installing the. Not sure about mileage. Will ask about the original speedo when I look at it. Maybe the title/registration will have that?

Hell, I'd go look at it at that price. Maybe you can get a little money off for the unknown mileage?

Ask about lock tite fixes, oil change frequency, and valves checks. Not deal breakers but can indicate his level of familiarity with maintenance needs of a drz.

Title will have mileage at last title transfer supposedly but in my state they just ask and never verify. It would be very easy to falsify as long as you tell them a number that is larger than it was at the last title change.
  • Like 1

Hell, I'd go look at it at that price. Maybe you can get a little money off for the unknown mileage?

Ask about lock tite fixes, oil change frequency, and valves checks. Not deal breakers but can indicate his level of familiarity with maintenance needs of a drz.

Title will have mileage at last title transfer supposedly but in my state they just ask and never verify. It would be very easy to falsify as long as you tell them a number that is larger than it was at the last title change.

Good points and thanks. I'll poke around a little while I'm talking to him tomorrow. He also installed the MCCT and sent me a pic of that. Sounds like he had an idea of what to do with it...
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

That's real nice for the money. Budget for springs though, gonna be massively stiff.

I think the ad said he has the stockers. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, skippy1369 said:

Supposedly the stock ones are included. I weigh 180 so I'll have to do something quick...

Stockers will be fine at 180. :D

• Like 3

Sounds like a well set up DRZ.

All good advise above, but also ask about the trailing arm bearings.  A 10 year old bike should have had them greased at least through the zirc fittings. When I bought my 2006 DRZ-E the previous owner provided documentation of all the maintenance including the Loctite fixes.   My seller said the trailing arm needed to be looked at; they were a little dry, but in good shape.  There is an on going comment/joke that, there must be a grease shortage in Japan.

With the aftermarket Trail Tech Vapor the mileage, will likely need to be signed  "Not Actual Mileage"  But the Vapor is way superior to the OEM unit. 

The level of detail about the bike and modifications make it add look legitimate.   Scammers don't generally provide much detail about the item. 

• Like 3

Take it for a ride and when you fall in love make an offer.

In MA. The title will say the miles on it when he titled it or "not actual mileage" if it was unknown at that time.

Hope it works out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptCapsize said:

............ bike should have had them greased at least through the zirc fittings. When I bought my 2006 DRZ-E the.....................

I wish my S had the zircs on the swingarm like the E.  :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Melkor said:

Ain't love grand!

What's the first thing your going to buy for her?

well.... it already has a list of mods as long as my arm... i may try to restrain myself for a week or two!!!

This is the stuff he did to it:

Black plastics (originally yellow, gross)
YFZ front fender
L.e.d. Directionals and correct relay so the flash normal
L.E.D. Headlamp with a spare one
DRC edge tailight
Seat concepts seat.
Renathal fat bars
Gold shorty levers
Pro taper pillow top grips
Zeda bark busters
Zeda hand guards with directionals
Motodash dash plate
Trail vapor computer. (Add a bunch of functions to the bike, tachometer, actual temperature gauges, ect)
I.M.S 3 gallon tank
FCR carb
Yoshi RS3 full exhaust
14 45 gearing
Full engine skid plate
Case savers on both sides
3x3 mod
Double take adventure mirror
The bike is resprung for a 320# rider. Springs are custom made by cannon race craft. I have the stock springs for it as well.
Peirelli scorpions 90/10 dot tires
Wide foot pegs
New EBC brakes