Sign in to follow this  

FCR 39 carb vent lines question

I have a quick question about the vent lines on the FCR 39.  In an on road only application (SM) would it be okay to either cap off  one of the vents on each side of the carb or possibly just Y the two together on each side.  Common sense tells me (I am very often wrong hence my asking :) ) this should be fine considering the vents are sharing one single port on each side so there should be no volume of flow concerns.  If this is okay to do is capping one off on each side any better or worse than Y ing them together?  

Many thanks for input

Vents are vents.  No magic. You can do anything you want with vents as long as there is at least 1 open vent.  Vents need to communicate with atmospheric pressure . I do not recommend placing vents in the air box where the presssure is affected by the intake pulses.  Someplace where the vent is not greatly affected by moving air around a moving motorcycle is best.  Capping 1 on each side is fine, that would be my choice over  "Y" or "T" just because it is easier and looks better unless you like a lot of hoses going no place.

• Like 2

Excellent
Thank you for the help. I will cap them off. Good to know about the air box too.

• Like 1