Ewc 2017

Enduro world championship has started today in kind of snowy Finland (there isn't really that much snow just ice) 

Eero Remes is dominating which i find kind of surprising because he didn't do that well  on the national Finnish races but  i guess he wasn't giving his all in them. 
In the top five it's pretty much only Finnish riders and the fastest foreigner seems to be Matthew Philips, i think a lot of the foreign riders might have underestimated the difference in spiked tires to normal tires and didn't do enough testing in Finland on preseason. Only riders that can reach the same speed with Remes are Pohjola and Helsten but they have to be perfect to match the speed of Remes so it's really unlikely that Remes will be challenged for the win. 

The results can be found here https://fin-enduro.com/tulokset/paijanne17/overall.html

Some footage from today http://www.xracing.fi/videot/lauantai-kayntiin-20170325/ 

• Like 2

Looks like the extra training Holcombe did in Finland paid off. Wish I could watch this online live somehow. 

1 hour ago, OscarFox said:

Looks like the extra training Holcombe did in Finland paid off. Wish I could watch this online live somehow. 

Yeah and same goes for Mathew Philips. Joseph Garcia was a real surprise i mean i don't think he tested here that much and he did really good. 

I think that it got a bit easier on day 2 for the foreigners because the race started heading back south so there was even less snow and ice. 

Remes was really dominant the whole weekend! Hope he will stay this way for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, T.N said:

Yeah and same goes for Mathew Philips. Joseph Garcia was a real surprise i mean i don't think he tested here that much and he did really good. 

I think that it got a bit easier on day 2 for the foreigners because the race started heading back south so there was even less snow and ice. 

Remes was really dominant the whole weekend! Hope he will stay this way for the rest of the season. 

I was sitting there going "how the phaq are these guys going so fast on snow and ice?". I know they're fast but the speed was crazy. Then I see they are all studded up, made perfect sense after that... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Monk said:

I was sitting there going "how the phaq are these guys going so fast on snow and ice?". I know they're fast but the speed was crazy. Then I see they are all studded up, made perfect sense after that... 

Still those guys are going sh't fast even if riding with studded tires. On rocks they are really slippery and at least with me they deflect a lot(well that could be because i don't ride that much winter enduro)   

• Like 1

I would have loved to see Oskari Kantola ride here if there would have been a lot of snow. Kantola is a retired Finnish rider who won the Päijänne race many times and won a lot of the winter races. I think he is the fastest rider on the planet when there is a lot of snow! 

Man I've been to Finland, awesome place! Cool to see Holcombe riding a two stroke. Looks like Pascal Rauchennecker(sp) is doing well, wasnt he a moto GP guy?

So will this be the battle all year? Phillips v. Holcombe. Wish there was a way to watch livestream or extended highlights in the U.S.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, OscarFox said:

GP of Italy underway..

I see Mike Brown is racing and putting it to them at 45 YO .. :thumbsup:

Edited by jetfuel
  • Like 2

Current Standings:

594c473f9be08_ScreenShot2017-06-22at3_38_57PM.png.793cf410a77c08a320c4ea8f1ff143fe.png

Track Preview:

Edited by OscarFox

Anybody know what the supertest is used for? Running order for the first day? Or something else?

Nambotin gets the double!

Edited by OscarFox