What tires crf250x?

What tires is everyone running on their x? I just replaced the rear with Bridgestone m-22 because I had it lying around, trying to decide if I need to do the front too and if so with which tire? Maybe I do a matching set, maybe another Bridgestone or the good old trusty perelli's I run on my xr.

i hav found a mitas c-18 on the rear work really well with a nubliss inside its a soft tyre with good wear quality in in the snotty messy ,sandy rocky tree rooty types of terrain lots of people use them for romaniacs a cheap mans goldentyre,they come with different compounds and are coded with colour stripes green being my tyre of choice

but softer and harder compounds are available

i run a 90 110 18 and it seems to work everywhere plenty of grip climbs slippy stuff brilliantly  

If you live in the Northeast (like me) give the Bridgestone M59 front a try. I absolutely love that tire and it never ceases to amaze me how well it sticks. On the back I usually run either the Pirelli MT16 or Bridgestone X30.

i live in europe and like the weather here the terrain changes just as fast whilst i would say a softer compound rear tyre seems to work for me i still have not setted on the front so the m59 may be a good choice i will take a look thanks 

09E58D40-6BB8-4953-A17C-CFCAE21FADB9_zps0e5ysf3z.jpg

Yes, I should have specified east coast. From the rocks in the Berkshire's to the sand in the Pine Barron's.

What do you think of that exhaust? I have that exact one for my 250x. I have been running a jardine recently but that pipe seems like a great addition to these bikes.

On my 250x I was running perelli xcmh front and rear. Next time I would run the xcms but there great dot tires that last along time

What do you think of that exhaust? I have that exact one for my 250x. I have been running a jardine recently but that pipe seems like a great addition to these bikes.
On my 250x I was running perelli xcmh front and rear. Next time I would run the xcms but there great dot tires that last along time

Funny you ask about the exhaust. To be honest I'm a purest and I'd like to put the stock exhaust back on. Not only to compare the performance but some rides that I may attend on the bike will not permit aftermarket exhaust. That being said it's not that loud for an aftermarket exhaust kind of sounds nice. Question for you: did you have to rejet the carb for the bike to perform correctly? I bought the crf with this exhaust and I have no comparison although he did give me the stock exhaust as part of the sale. BTW, the slip connection is STUCK, try as I might I can't get it off and I don't want to break stuff.

Funny you ask about the exhaust. To be honest I'm a purest and I'd like to put the stock exhaust back on. Not only to compare the performance but some rides that I may attend on the bike will not permit aftermarket exhaust. That being said it's not that loud for an aftermarket exhaust kind of sounds nice. Question for you: did you have to rejet the carb for the bike to perform correctly? I bought the crf with this exhaust and I have no comparison although he did give me the stock exhaust as part of the sale. BTW, the slip connection is STUCK, try as I might I can't get it off and I don't want to break stuff.

I am running a stage 2 cam with that pipe and all the ccc mods done. 165 main at sea level. Runs a bit rich. I may try a 160 but I am in the middle of putting a striker crank in it. My experience with the stock exhaust is its heavy, looks like shit, sounds like shit, and has WAY less power than the dr d and it doesn't let the bike have the bark and rely feel of them with the dr d. The dr d with fresh packing and a quiet core insert will be much better in every way. I highly recommend a 250r cam or a hot cam to compliment the pipe. The X cam falls off really fast after 6k but a stage 1 or certain years of r cam keep the bottom end and add a lot of power up top. I also have a 2004 r rear fender on my X. Gets rid of the taillight and makes it look much cleaner. I mounted my tailight upside down under the very back lip of the fender and mounted with nice looking screws. Still visible but looks way cleaner

These require jetting even with the stock pipe. Cut the airbox if it isn't already and do most of the ccc mods. and pick up a JD jetting kit. Best money you could spend. If it's just airbox and pipe a 150 main would be a good starting point.

i have recently started to use the goldentyre up front ,i have since buying my crf x had issues with washing of the front end the GT   fatty has eliminated some of them but not all i know on the silty worn out sand i will have to take care or dusty hard pack but i have yet to find a perfect tyre which really does everything so i have settled for the doing 90% of my riding with some degree of confidence  and the loose stuff 10% to take care on .!

How's this tire treated you?

Awesome. Front and back both the mt-16. Works perfectly in th New England rocks and mud.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Undercover Poe said:

Awesome. Front and back both the mt-16. Works perfectly in th New England rocks and mud.

What size rear are you running- 110/100-18?

I believe the factory size. Which is what I am running. Could it be 100/100? It’s either that or 110/100. Whatever Honda says is stock is what I swear by on this bike. On my xr400 I go 120/100