kx250f clutch problems

Hello all !

I bought a used 2013 kx250f with very low hours on it which was storage for many months and was not started.

When I bought it I changed all fluids and oil filter. I did put motul 15W50 technosynthese engine oil. I am from Israel which the weather is similar to California - relatively warm weather.

Problem is the clutch was not disengaging properly so I did open the clutch cover - everything looked like new including clutch basket and hub but the clutch plates fibber and metal was stuck together like glued. So I did separated the clutch plates and soaked it in oil, I put it all together rode the bike and it was good for about half an hour then again it was not disengaging properly.

Should I replace the clutch plates fibber and metal? or should I replace only fibber plates? Maybe the oil is not good should I use 10w40 oil instead?

Thanks

Edited by madmxking

Personally i would try 10w40, its what the book calls for and has never given me any issues. Is the clutch adjusted properly? I wouldnt replace the plates unless its the last resort

I agree, use 10w40 first and see if that helps. A tusk clutch kit is only around $50 so thats not too bad to try out either.

Be sure you use an oil for motorcycle, if you use thinner oil it could be easier for the clutch.

Also I would open the clutch and check if the metal plates are absolutely clear, if there is something on the metal, clean it with gasoline or something like this.

After that place oil on the plates before you put them back in the basket.

When you start and ride the bike try to use the clutch more often or to use semi-clutch, my idea is to clean the surface of the friction plates.

Remember that always put oil on the plates before you assemble the clutch and be careful - do not bend the friction plates (not on purpose).

I don't think you need to replace something.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip.

I will open the clutch again and clean it properly, oil it and assemble it.

If it will not work I will buy the tusk clutch kit for $50 on ebay.

57 minutes ago, madmxking said:

Thanks for the tip.

I will open the clutch again and clean it properly, oil it and assemble it.

If it will not work I will buy the tusk clutch kit for $50 on ebay.

Don't hurry for a 50$ clutch kit....... I don't think it will be better than the stock one.