Strongest Handlebars

3 hours ago, Hunter-13 said:

Title explains it all.

Does it? You have a Seth Enslow-esque type of dune jump planned?

• Like 4

Fasst co, flex bars hold up well.

Had my first crash with fasst flexx bars on the weekend , nothing major but somehow snapped my bars , maybe I was just unlucky or there was a manufacturing fault but I'm not happy as these bars are extremely expensive , I will be phoning the company tomorrow to see if they can get me another pair sent out !
  • Like 1

When you crash, something has to give. Bars are cheap. If the bars are so strong as to transfer the crash energy then the triple or frame will have to absorb it. Think about it.

• Like 6

On 3/25/2017 at 4:03 PM, mudmixer said:

Fasst co, flex bars hold up well.

I am going to get a couple of sets,  and I was hoping that after popping for that much money for bars I would have them awhile. 

1 hour ago, Ironpony said:

Had my first crash with fasst flexx bars on the weekend , nothing major but somehow snapped my bars , maybe I was just unlucky or there was a manufacturing fault but I'm not happy as these bars are extremely expensive , I will be phoning the company tomorrow to see if they can get me another pair sent out !

I will be watching to see how this goes,   and I hope you will report back. 

Oh man sorry to hear that,where on the bars or how did they break?let us know how it turns out.i hope the best for you.

Oh man sorry to hear that,where on the bars or how did they break?let us know how it turns out.i hope the best for you.

Hi guys , the bars broke right where the rounded piece of the bar meets the square piece just passed the grip , if your familiar with the bars you should know where I mean , I had the bars imported to the u.k so it cost a lot of money , but I read such great reviews on the bars and also the strength of them that I was hoping they would last a long time , although I'm not knocking the bars at all they were great to ride with possibly the best upgrade I have ever fitted to my bike , minimised vibration of the 2 stroke and took almost all of the shock of hard landings out of the wrist , but I will definitely let you guys know how I get on with the company I have sent them photos and I'm waiting to here back , I really hope they send new ones because I can't afford a new pair and it's going to be hard to go back to standard bars after riding with these .

I had to look those bars up to see what you meant, good lord those are pricey! Glad I don't mind my cheap renthals as I can buy many pairs for the same price. Hope they come thru for yea!! 

20 hours ago, William1 said:

When you crash, something has to give. Bars are cheap. If the bars are so strong as to transfer the crash energy then the triple or frame will have to absorb it. Think about it.

Yup. My hardest crash was on my quad. Was running pro taper contours. Bars were fine, steering stem was wrecked... good excuse to buy a +2 chromoly stem tho. 

I still run 1-1/8 fat bars tho, I've snapped a few 7/8" bars or bent them useless in some pretty silly crashes and its made getting out of the woods an issue. 

2 minutes ago, William1 said:

Compared to a frame, forks or a triple, yeah, they are cheap.

Not so much:

Flexx Handlebar - Moto

$ 359.99

7/8ths bars are a little over protective of other components IMO they seem to end up bent on the most casual of crashes. I have also seen cases where 1 1/8th bars have sheared off at the clamp with out damaging anything expensive on the bike.

• Like 1

I've heard back from fasst company and they have offered me 50% of another pair of bars , which I would be happy with if I had a massive crash that no bars would have survived , but I never small crash kicked abit side ways out of small jump straight out of corner , I've declined the offer for the minute , because if I except then these bars will have cost me £550 English pounds , the bars are being collected and sent to the company in America for further inspection , so fingers crossed they find a fault and I get a pair for free !