FLY werx rival helmet

Nice looking helmet (description wise). Can you try one on? At that price I'd also consider the Leatt 5.5, it is a little more advanced than MIPS as far as impact protection goes, about the same price (on-line) and has a very small shell. I'd always recommend trying one on though. I was considering Fly and Fox helmets, but they both fit my head funny so I had to nix both brands.

Its a Mtn bike helmet its not going to take a moto crash trust me.  I lived and breather downhill mtn bike for years including live and building in the mecca Whistler bike park and after taking a hit to my troy lee designs D2 helmet and knocking myself out good on a not so major crash i switched to moto helmets for DH biking. Im sure the fly helmet is far better then my troy lee d2 but i still wouldn't trust it. That breathable stuff is marketing for mtn bikers that tend to be pedaling and working a lot harder then us guys with a throttle. 

Not DOT rated or any of the other moto specific ones.  There are a ton of downhill helmets on the market troy lee designs, fox, giro, bell, fly, ixs, 661 and so on non oif them are rated for moto 

Edited by cdn_rider
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, cdn_rider said:

Its a Mtn bike helmet its not going to take a moto crash trust me.  I lived and breather downhill mtn bike for years including live and building in the mecca Whistler bike park and after taking a hit to my troy lee designs D2 helmet and knocking myself out good on a not so major crash i switched to moto helmets for DH biking. Im sure the fly helmet is far better then my troy lee d2 but i still wouldn't trust it. That breathable stuff is marketing for mtn bikers that tend to be pedaling and working a lot harder then us guys with a throttle. 

Not DOT rated or any of the other moto specific ones.  There are a ton of downhill helmets on the market troy lee designs, fox , giro, bell, fly, ixs, 661 and so on non oif them are rated for moto 

I didn't even notice it was a mountain bike helmet....So I'll deffinetly stick with my recomendation of the Leatt 5.5 then.

• Like 1

Tried the Leatt on and the small was way to tight and the medium was too big. The cheek pads didn't even touch. I have a fly helmet. I tried on their lightest mx helmet and it only weighs 1.5 ounces less than my current helmets. I do a lot of technical riding and I get so hot in it during the summer. Typically these are slow moving rides. I am also trying to reduce weight to help with some neck issues. 

Edited by Charles De Mar

Personally helmets are always something I buy from a local shop so I can try it on (unless I'm buying the exact same helmet).

As far as this being a Mountain Bike helmet and IMO its a downhill MTB helmet, at $449 I'm sure that it will give you as equal protection as a DOT/ECE/SNELL rated dirt bike helmet BUT I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO BUY THIS.

IMO you want to cover your ass in case you have a bad crash and the helmet would come into question for insurance

Another option would be to go with an open face trails helmet but that would be your choice and you need to do your research.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=trials+helmet&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4ot6R8vfSAhVD02MKHVk2AeQQ_AUIBigB&biw=1204&bih=624