Dual Purpose Class and plans

The local vintage motocross group offer a street legal 'dual sport' class in the support races.  I did a few over the past two years with the 250L, and am thinking of doing it again this year, someone has to be 'last'.  Physically I am no longer competitive in any way, means, manner, or form.  I have Ulnar Nerve Palsy meaning my hands are slowly going numb and losing strength, holding on on my PT laps at the track here on the farm can some days be 'iffy'.  But one lap or 20 I do them as I can.  In the dual purpose class the bike has to be platted and street legal, so the original plan to strip it down is off the table. Most of the locals have the larger displacement KTM's and such so like I said someone has to be last, I volunteer if it means I am still riding.

I did go look and dream at a GAS-GAS EC250, the great grandson of Bultaco's I rode in my youth, momma sold of my CRF250X because she knew it would 'hurt' me, and here I am trying to figure out how to come up with 9K for the EC.  Once you stop living, all you do is start dyeing. 

Pretty disappointed, 4 weekends have had the track open and only 1 dad and his two son's have shown up.  The good of it all is I forced the local 'big' MX track to improve and take better care of their youth track, as they lost last years business to me, so me and Lilly the grand daughter will run what we got as it looks like we are done as a public track.  MY dirt mover guy also went to the 'big' MX track so looks like no more free dirt moving.  So glad I did not dump a lot of money in track in the off season, will just let it go and maintain what we got.  We have an opportunity to have Lilly full

Have put some miles on the KLR, as well as the 'L', and the Can-Am is out of storage.  The hand issue is not a factor, yet, on the road, but if, will look at safety and make decision.  I will keep riding as long as I can, and will go to the local races, close my eyes, listen to the sounds and dream of days gone by.

• Like 5

Wish I was close to to your track. I would visit often and pay to help support it, although I am not a rubber boy myself anymore. Take good care of yourself Old Soldier. Your wife only has good intentions for you for the long haul...guaranteed !

• Like 1

"IF ONLY!!!", I'm sure I'm not the only one that would come ride IF ONLY we were closer. Nebraska is a little further than I tend to go to ride. Your track is right up my alley, as far as riding style.

Here's to hoping your hands hold out for a long time to come.

• Like 1

Getting old sucks, youth really is wasted on the young. Hopefully you'll be able to ride and play at your current capacity for a good long time yet.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oldsoldier173 said:

Pretty disappointed, 4 weekends have had the track open and only 1 dad and his two son's have shown up

That sucks man .... if I was closer I would be there everytime weather permitted. Noah did really well on the street last weekend and won't be long now before we get out of the neighborhood and on the open road ... :thumbsup:

17425116_1508291812516953_77495090687724

16602807_1508291829183618_83656181803135