Suzuki tm75 value?

There is a Suzuki tm 75 up the street from me just sitting in a driveway. It looks complete but needs work I am sure. I was reading that it's a rare bike and may have some dollar value, is that true? I like old 70s dirt bikes and I know there are some that are worth some money. I am hoping that someone can tell me if this is one of those bikes. I was thinking of offering 100$ for the bike but I need to know if it is worth it. Any info would be most appreciated 

17 hours ago, barleydog said:

There is a Suzuki tm 75 up the street from me just sitting in a driveway. It looks complete but needs work I am sure. I was reading that it's a rare bike and may have some dollar value, is that true? I like old 70s dirt bikes and I know there are some that are worth some money. I am hoping that someone can tell me if this is one of those bikes. I was thinking of offering 100$ for the bike but I need to know if it is worth it. Any info would be most appreciated 

If it were me I'd contact the owner and find out if anythings wrong with it and make a determination from there. See if it will start as well.

Beforehand I would research availability and cost of parts on the used market fore it. No sense getting it for $25 only to find out you just bought a boat anchor because it cannot be repaired.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with what you are saying. It seems there are parts on eBay but it's like you said, I don't want to sink more money into the bike than its worth. I read on a post that it's a collectable and rare bike. My question is how much is it really worth? I can't find to much info online about what its worth.

You have to be careful. Its difficult to get your money back for parts and labor by restoring '70s Japanese bikes. There is a demand for some of the 125's, 250's, and Open bikes for Vintage MX racing. Some of the popular one's are '74 Elsinores, '76/78 RM's, '76/78 YZs. The TM's are a little less desirable than the RM's and the MX's less desirable than the YZ's. In my opinion, if you think it is cool and would be fun to ride, do it.

I've seen some really nice restorations of the more desirable, larger bikes selling for only $2,500 to $3,000. A smaller, restored TM may sell for less.