crf230 front right fork slipping upwards

Hi I have a crf230 and I just noticed today that the front right fork has slipped upwards.  I have a sticker on both forks, neither have moved, so I know the fork hasn't slipped recently, so its been there a while.  The front right fork slipped up and is almost touching the handle bars.  Can I just loosen the clamps on the fork then push the fork down into place then tighten the clamps?  Here's a photo: 

WIN_20170325_21_50_12_Pro.jpg

You sure can. There is more too it than just pushing them back down though. The height of the forks can tune the handling of the bike. This is called fork height. Also make sure you torque the bolts to the proper torque. If not you can damage the fork. Check a manual for specs to get you started. Try a different fork heights to see what you like best

What else would I have to do besides push it down?  I like how the forks are tuned as they are, all I want is to just have that big metal bar in its place.  Is it more complicated than just having someone loosen the bolts then tighten them after I push it back into place?

both forks must be at the same height. stock height (for stock forks) is "cap a pair of mm higher than top of the clamp". you are far away , i'm surpriesed you was able to ride the bike without noticing anything strange.

The left fork is stock height, its just the right fork that slipped up about 3 inches.  All im wondering is how to get it back into place?

Oh and by the way, the guy I bought it from said he replaced the forks at one time.

A genuine Honda Factory OEM shop manual has information on how to properly install/locate the fork tubes in the clamps/trees as well as the proper torque specs that the bolts should be tightened.
For best results:
Be sure to remove the bolts and lightly lubricate the threads before re-torquing them.

You do have shop manual, a 12mm socket and a torque wrench, correct?

No, 80 in/lbs is only like 6.6 ft/lbs

If I remember correctly, the pinch bolt torque for holding the fork tubes in place on the top tree is 20-22 ft/lbs.

The lower tree is 24 ft/lbs.

So you need an in/lbs torque wrench with a minimum capacity of 288 in/lbs