Share favorite/most useful drills here (practice ideas, etc.)

Hi, All;

The snow just melted at the beginning of last week and next weekend is race #1 for the season. Being faced with that, I am trying to get the most out of my practice. What I did this week was get out on an awful slag heap to get bike time. I live in the city, and all I have is old rail yards and small patches of isolated woods. I have this spot where trees and railroad ties are lying about an abandoned woodland, and I have been blitzing it back and forth because it's super technical and it makes me have to keep my head up and spot my lines way early.

On the slag heap I mentioned, I have been getting as creative as possible to get my corners back to speed. I throw in as many different-sized turns as I can in a plot of land; it ranges from super tight switchbacks to a sweeping 180 berm to flat sweepers to whooped out straights into a tight 180 lefty to a 270 righty and then I run that backwards. SO, what are some of your favorite drills that have produced results for you in the past?

Long figure 8s, straights long enough to hit 3rd for a second before 2nd gear entry. This covers corners, accel and braking body position. I play around with with acceleration position from neutral to rear for traction. I always run half dozen starts. ...same way, touch 3rd then braking and turn (both ways). May sound boring but practice of most sports is .... gotta have fundamentals as second nature