98' Cr125 burning antifreeze

I was out riding the other day and i was smelling antifreeze (smelled almost like syrup) so i let my bike cool down and pulled off my rad cap and there was no coolant when i should have had some in there so i poured some water in the rads enough for it to come out of the over flow. i started my bike after many kicks and got it running but coolant started flowing out of the over flow, i rode for about ten minutes and checked my coolant and there was none in there. when i got home i popped off the spark plug and it was wet. could i have a bad head gasket? could there be coolant leaking into my head? also have a crack in my fmf fatty exhaust so i don't know if there could be exhaust flowing back into my head. i'm only 14. haven't done anything yet, looking for advice first. thanks.

ouch... sounds like a melted head gasket... not an easy fix might be easier to get a new bike sorry for your loss kid

46 minutes ago, JG0816 said:

ouch... sounds like a melted head gasket... not an easy fix might be easier to get a new bike sorry for your loss kid

This is the worst advice EVER. What you need is to either bring it to a trusted friend or someone in your family who knows about engines, dirt bikes ,etc.( preferably a mechanic ). Or bring it to a good shop( prob gonna be at least a couple hundred bucks ). Or buy a manual and some tools and do it yourself. It's not actually that hard and with a manual, some tools, and maybe a few vids and some people on TT helping you you'll easily be able to do it.  Also just thought I'd mention this isn't it weird both posters are from Pennsylvania and both have the numbers 0816 in there username....

• Like 2

This is the worst advice EVER. What you need is to either bring it to a trusted friend or someone in your family who knows about engines, dirt bikes ,etc.( preferably a mechanic ). Or bring it to a good shop( prob gonna be at least a couple hundred bucks ). Or buy a manual and some tools and do it yourself. It's not actually that hard and with a manual, some tools, and maybe a few vids and some people on TT helping you you'll easily be able to do it.  Also just thought I'd mention this isn't it weird both posters are from Pennsylvania and both have the numbers 0816 in there username....

Haha I'm his brother I was seeing if he would realize it's me

30 minutes ago, JG0816 said:

Haha I'm his brother I was seeing if he would realize it's me

Ha small world. I would try and do it yourself but if you dont feel comfortable I would get a GOOD shop to do it. You're prob looking at less then $40 in parts ( gaskets ) and if you bring it to a shop about 2-3 hours in labor. So about $340 MAX if you bring it to a shop. With that 200-300 you'll spend in labor you could easily buy some tools and a shop manual and do it yourself. That's what I would do anyway. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 8:39 AM, Jake0816 said:

I was out riding the other day and i was smelling antifreeze (smelled almost like syrup) so i let my bike cool down and pulled off my rad cap and there was no coolant when i should have had some in there so i poured some water in the rads enough for it to come out of the over flow. i started my bike after many kicks and got it running but coolant started flowing out of the over flow, i rode for about ten minutes and checked my coolant and there was none in there. when i got home i popped off the spark plug and it was wet. could i have a bad head gasket? could there be coolant leaking into my head? also have a crack in my fmf fatty exhaust so i don't know if there could be exhaust flowing back into my head. i'm only 14. haven't done anything yet, looking for advice first. thanks.

Buy new head gasket. Remove old one. Rub Vaseline all over new one so that it stays in the grooves when re-installing head. Tighten head bolts in a cris-cross star pattern. 

Old head gaskets simply go bad.