06 YZ 125 Project

4 minutes ago, Matthias V. said:

some pictures of how the routing of the cables has to be: 

the water overflow can you see on the last picture, its comming together with the powervalve hose on the left side

Great stuff man just what I was looking for. That's how I have it all routed but nice to know it's right.

Got the countershaft seal today but I think I may have driven it in too far as it's about 1-2 mm past flush:banghead: So I'm gunna pick one up at an engineering shop during the week. 

Did a few small more bits today, fitted the carb, cut the chain to length and jb welded the insert back into the tank. 

chain.jpg

seal.jpg

Got a few bits done today like put on the bars(which i think are bent) installed a new set of pro taper grips, which one split.... never seen that happen before but fairly disappointed.

Attempted to change some tires which went horribly bad, and left me in a bad mood. Got a pinch flat in the front after replacing the tire, new tire is so stiff and very difficult to remove again, attempted the rear which I would say is ancient and only managed to lift about 4 inches up. I ******* hate changing tires:foul::foul::foul:

bars.jpg

split grip.jpg

tires.jpg

Few updates: Got the rear tire changed with a new technique which went quite well, however I have a VERY slow puncture.... so I'm not sure if I'll bother fixing it or if I'll just run with it.... Need to patch the front tube today.

Got the fork seals changed, didn't have the wrench to open the inner chamber so just replaced the outer oil and seals with a ProX kit which is rebranded OEM as far as I know. Bushings looked fine, the old seals were All Balls so no surprise they leaked. There was a chuck missing out of the axle boss, which I guess is fairly common. 

I also threw on my YZ 250f front rim.... I'm gunna have to get a set of black rims pretty quickly, they look awesome:thumbsup:

Fork.jpg

black rim.jpg

damage fork.jpg

Well it's done!! Sort of.... I'm waiting on a new front tube so I'm running my 250f front. Unfortunately the rear axle is a few mm bigger so I can't run that unless I swap the swingarm over and all that but that's not happening. I got a few more bits in today and put it all back together. I mixed some motul 800 a little bit stronger than I normally would for break in, and got her ready for a heat cycle. Fuel on, choke on, a prod of the kickstarter and she fired into life. Sounds a bit "woolly" down low, but hopefully that'll clear out once I go back to my usual mixture. Hopefully going to a track tomorrow to break it in, and all going well, will be riding sunday as well. 

parts3.jpg

done 1.jpg

done 3.jpg

• Like 1

Well I rode the bike at a small track today. It was VERY dry, dusty, rough and not all that much fun to be honest.. On the first few laps the suspension was beating me up, so I pulled in and found every single clicker screwed all the way in. I played with it a bit but still found the front fairly unstable and got quite a bit of headshake, which I wasn't expecting after how unbelievable my 250f SSS suspension is :( I'm going to rip the inner chamber apart once the tool arrives and see what state the free piston is in.  I got some gopro footage but almost got sick watching it so won't be posting that:thumbsdn: Still the engine ripped fairly well! I must check the plug tomorrow, it wasn't the easiest to start so jetting definitely needs some adjustment.