How far can you slide up the forks on an EXC?

I am buying a 2017 350 EXC-F. (coming from Yamaha WR250F)

I'm short, and I'll slide the forks up as far as I can without bottoming on the wheel, then I'll add that distance to the sag.

This will temporary, while I get used to the bike, and figure out a long term fix. I will also be shortening the seat.

How far can I slide them up without hitting the fender when bottoming? Best advice will come from someone who has done it.

P.S. Is there any point in having the "-F" added to EXC?

Thanks,

Toby

I have always gone with the theory that when I feel the front wheel skid on jump landings and see big skid marks on the bottom of the fender I found the just a bit too far point and adjust accordingly.

Yep. That's what I'm looking for - actual experience with how far can I go before that happens. I don't have the bike yet, and I'm trying to figure out what my cumulative seat height change will be with shorter seat, 20mm lower suspension, and slide them up.

I get a little mark on my fender at 5/8 inch on my 250.  If you have PDS, you can get an X bushing for the back from Synergy.

Thanks, that is the info I'm looking for (not the same model though). That's about what I got with my WR250F Yamaha. It helps.

Have you used the X bushing? I'm wondering if there are any compromises regarding bushing function. I know you have to remove some material from the shock.

Thanks,

Toby

Did the X Bushing and fork shortening on my 09 530. It worked great. My current 13 500exc has shorter fork springs and the rear shock was also shortened. Works very well. Climbs incredibly well. Lowered the bike almost 2 inches. This works vey well for my 29" inseam.