Glove discussion

In need of a new pair of gloves, wore my new Troy lee GP air gloves at the HS this weekend and sucked badly, very comfortable but i have never blistered so much in such a little amount of time, i live in Florida so i need something lightweight and breathable too. Was looking at going back to 100% itrack gloves, but the stitching on mine was pretty weak, just leave some suggestions below, thank you.

20 minutes ago, ScrewMx_Hd said:

In need of a new pair of gloves, wore my new Troy lee GP air gloves at the HS this weekend and sucked badly, very comfortable but i have never blistered so much in such a little amount of time, i live in Florida so i need something lightweight and breathable too. Was looking at going back to 100% itrack gloves, but the stitching on mine was pretty weak, just leave some suggestions below, thank you.

I have a very light pair of 100% I use most of the time. I have a heavier pair of ANSR that I use on longer rides. Like both of them, although I'm easy to please with gloves.

• Like 1

I have a very light pair of 100% I use most of the time. I have a heavier pair of ANSR that I use on longer rides. Like both of them, although I'm easy to please with gloves.

how have the 100%s held up? might were super comfortable but didn't hold up too well for too long

I've been using Noviks for the past year or so. Minimalist, no arm pump, hold up decently. They have a stitched on collar around the outer edge that has come loose on a pair but it doesn't really effect the rest of the glove. I put a lot of hours on them and have been pleasantly surprised. They probably won't last years but are pretty inexpensive.

18 hours ago, ScrewMx_Hd said:

how have the 100%s held up? might were super comfortable but didn't hold up too well for too long

My have held up just fine, going on 2 years old.  But I have a very light grip on the bars and don't race.

• Like 1

I got tiried of blowing through MX gloves. 

Easy on the palms too. 

Screenshot_2017-03-27-19-41-56.png

Grow callouses (aka ride a crap load); that's what I do. When they get too thick I cut them down with an xacto knife. When I had an MD friend he use to give me scalpels to do it.

I also wakeboard. You can believe how fast (like 1 run) my hands can shred one of those nice handles that are covered in chamois type material.

Now for a nice tacky glove - I like the Fox Dirt Paws.

Grow callouses (aka ride a crap load); that's what I do. When they get too thick I cut them down with an xacto knife. When I had an MD friend he use to give me scalpels to do it.
I also wakeboard. You can believe how fast (like 1 run) my hands can shred one of those nice handles that are covered in chamois type material.
Now for a nice tacky glove - I like the Fox Dirt Paws.

I have to try to avoid growing calluses, they to tear off when I'm lifting heavy. It's gnarly.

8 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

I have to try to avoid growing calluses, they to tear off when I'm lifting heavy. It's gnarly.

If you shave them down occasionally they don't peal off as easy. Take an xacto knife, holding it perpendicular to the callus and shave it down by just scraping; do not try to cut it - if your like me you will go too deep and bleed. Thing that sucks is if they peal then they leave a sensitive spot that then will blister. No way I'm wearing heavy gloves while riding - tires out the hands faster.

This coming from a guy who pushes keys on a keyboard for a living... LoL

Edited by GoneDirtBikeN
  • Like 1

I like the O'neal 'Jump Mayhem' glove for MX/Trail riding.. They're lightweight, offer a great amount of feel, and are not too hot or uncomfortable to wear all day.

I like the 'Butch Carbon Fiber' glove by O'neal for street duty, or if I know I am going to be on a super tech trail where my hands might take a beating.

Both pairs have lasted me 1000+mi without seams tearing or anything extra happening to them..

I even wear the butch carbon fibers to dig holes and build up jumps and all that shoveling hasn't hurt them one bit!

Got started wearing Fox Bombers many years ago. Best and longest lasting I've ever worn.  Caution: I wear XL gloves normally, but I like the 3XL fit with the Fox Bombers. The people at Fox must be little tiny people.

My brother wasn't riding much dirt anymore and he wore his bombers when we put a roof on our Dad's restarant.  That did them in...LOL