Hey guys I'd like to upgrade my mirrors on my xr650l which ones do you guys recommend?

Anything cheap. They're useless anyways. Just need them to be legal, and to fold out of the way, and cheap enough that if they break you can get replacements easily. Something like the Ken whoever mirrors listed above.

• Like 1

I'm using the emgo also, broke it in a fall then welded it solid. It doesn't vibrate and distort the rear view like the plastic ones. (I like to check out my roost!)

• Like 1

Anything cheap. They're useless anyways. Just need them to be legal, and to fold out of the way, and cheap enough that if they break you can get replacements easily. Something like the Ken whoever mirrors listed above.

The beauty of the doubletake is that they actually work really well on the road and it takes a minute or so to totally remove them (no tools needed) when off-road.
  • Like 2

Just got these. Arrow style black CNC aluminum. Multiple positions, both the stem and mirror. A 6mm eln wrench loosens one bolt to allow mirror stem to rotate the assembly inward, out of harms way. Excellent construction and they dont move around. Ebay from China - $20 US. SHOCKED they arrived in 2 weeks. I likey. 

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prairie Rider said:

Just got these. Arrow style black CNC aluminum. Multiple positions, both the stem and mirror. A 6mm eln wrench loosens one bolt to allow mirror stem to rotate the assembly inward, out of harms way. Excellent construction and they dont move around. Ebay from China - $20 US. SHOCKED they arrived in 2 weeks. I likey. 

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

Nice setup.  Which grips are you using?

I'm not sure what kind of grips those are. They are marked MX?? I installed the bars over the winter and had that set laying around from years ago. I wanted to use pillow top grips - Procircuit or Protaper makes them?? I had them on my 450X and really liked them But the local bike shop didnt have any stock at the time. They are very comfortable with wider diameter which would help with the long throttle cable draw. They would also help with vibration although my anti-vibe bar risers have pretty much taken care of that. The grips I installed are better than the stock ones for sure.  

image.jpg

How is the view from the arrow mirrors, they seem kinda small? Also vibration.

On 3/26/2017 at 2:15 PM, drewbug said:

Doubletake. Love mine.

Doubletake Adventure Mirrors here. The best IMHO. Very stable, so viewability is good, highly adjustable, easy to fold for off-road, and tough.

dualsportduo_crystal_lagoon.jpg

• Like 1

Firsthere - very little vibration. View is better than stock - more clear and provides a wider field of view being over 4" wide. 

• Like 1

Update on Arrow CNC mirrors.  Over the summer the mirrors have lost some friction.  They stay in place while riding in town but at highway speeds on windy days, they fold in. May not work for some of you guys commuting but for $25 and my purposes in town they still work great.  I spin them off and throw them in my backpack when I go off-road.