Roger is finally going to have to start giving Dungey help

We already knew that when they are both on their game, Tomac is better than Dungey but I didn't think it would be this apparent.

We know Musquin is a more technically skilled and creative rider than Dungey so these tracks breaking down is hurting Dungey even more.

Same goes for Millsaps and Baggett has made a career out of being great late in races.

Time for the team orders I'm afraid. It might be too late but history says that Tomac is probably more likely to make the mistake even though he's clearly better.

True on all accounts. Do you mean help as in Musquin letting Dungey by or Musquin punting Tomac or both? Last week those three were the top 3 off the gate in the Main and ended up Tomac-MM-Dungey in the end. Dungey gets a bad start this week and they end up the same. That's basically where they are in speed with Tomac having more in the bank if he needs it. Kawasaki has their Villopoto version 2.0. MX/SX titles to come with Roczen gone.

• Like 1

It may take more than letting Brock bye this time.  Tomac is in the zone and Dungey is rattled.  I hope we don't see foul play though, but I don't expect that.  Decoster had Hannah lay down for Bailey so having Musquin pull over would not be a surprise nor would it be cheating.  Had Dungey been closer to Musquin last night, it probably would already have happened.  I sure hope there are some cameras on the pit boards, it would be interesting to see the signals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilentAssassin II said:

Musquin PASSED Dungey last week yet you think they're telling him to let him by?

What I'm saying is they need to else that title is moving to another team.  I thought last week it would have been too early, but now that he has coughed up 7 points and then another 5......the time is now.  It could be too late, Dungey still has to straight up beat Tomac and he hasn't been able to do that for a while now.

59 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

What I'm saying is they need to else that title is moving to another team.  I thought last week it would have been too early, but now that he has coughed up 7 points and then another 5......the time is now.  It could be too late, Dungey still has to straight up beat Tomac and he hasn't been able to do that for a while now.

Well and that's just it.  If 25 is having to move over for Dungey, title is gone anyway so who cares.

But what some of you guys aren't thinking is things can change in a hurry.  If Eli gets a bad start, everything can change in a hurry.  Look at what happened with Roczen.  A bad start on a tough track can do alot even if you don't wreck.  Dungey has been battling with bad starts, still hanging in there though, still has the points lead.  I think at any race it could turn around or at least get real good.  If Tomac takes a hit and Dunge gets a big shot in the arm he could run away with it still.  

Tomac couldn't get around Jmart, he isn't unbeatable.

Now if 25 takes OUT Eli, that would be interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

It may take more than letting Brock bye this time.  Tomac is in the zone and Dungey is rattled.  I hope we don't see foul play though, but I don't expect that.  Decoster had Hannah lay down for Bailey so having Musquin pull over would not be a surprise nor would it be cheating.  Had Dungey been closer to Musquin last night, it probably would already have happened.  I sure hope there are some cameras on the pit boards, it would be interesting to see the signals.

It would be cheating according to the AMA rule book.

Abetting or knowingly engaging in any race in which the result is "fixed" or prearranged.

• Like 1

Well and that's just it.  If 25 is having to move over for Dungey, title is gone anyway so who cares.
But what some of you guys aren't thinking is things can change in a hurry.  If Eli gets a bad start, everything can change in a hurry.  Look at what happened with Roczen.  A bad start on a tough track can do alot even if you don't wreck.  Dungey has been battling with bad starts, still hanging in there though, still has the points lead.  I think at any race it could turn around or at least get real good.  If Tomac takes a hit and Dunge gets a big shot in the arm he could run away with it still.  

Tomac couldn't get around Jmart, he isn't unbeatable.

Now if 25 takes OUT Eli, that would be interesting.

Is there legalized gambling in pro supercross? In some countries a competitor proven to lose on purpose is unlawful/penalized by jail time if there is legalized gambling in the sport. Italy even prosecuted a pro cyclist for illegally effecting an outcome of a sporting event after he was caught doping. I think it was Pantani.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

It would be cheating according to the AMA rule book.

Abetting or knowingly engaging in any race in which the result is "fixed" or prearranged.

They won't uphold it, can't be proved.  If so, why didn't Star Racing get hit when Webb "stalled" letting JMart by?  JMart wasn't getting by Webb that day without Webb allowing it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

They won't uphold it, can't be proved.  If so, why didn't Star Racing get hit when Webb "stalled" letting JMart by?  JMart wasn't getting by Webb that day without Webb allowing it.

It's cheating according to their own rule book, whether they enforce it or not.  The AMA didn't do shit to Yamaha even with the smoking gun "Let Brock bye" evidence.

Tomac is on a roll to win the title, but this is Supercross. Tomac pulls an Osborn, and well, he finishes 18th (or was it 19th?) can always happen. Tomac is the clear favorite. Anything can happen between now and Vegas. If I am Musquin, and Dungey catches me and is clearly going faster will I make it easier for him to pass? Maybe. If I am Dungey and Moosey catches me and is clearly going faster will I make it easier for him to pass. I bet probably. 

• Like 1

Dungey has seven titles, and has been at this a long time.  He still wants to win, but everyone reaches a point where they are not as good or have the same drive and desire that they did at the earlier part of their career.

Tomac's riding great, so good for him.  Although he's still behind by a few points, he's in the driver's seat right now and it looks like his championship to win or lose.

At least it's more exciting than a one-rider runaway.

• Like 7