Metal peice in oil on first oil change

Found this whenever I had my first oil change. It seems like it's metal, because it clings to oil drain bolt. 2017 350fx. I'm thinking it's part of the clutch basket anyone have suggestions please let me know

20170326_142645.jpg

20170326_184652.jpg

20170326_184638.jpg

Edited by gdoug219
Edit

if it coming from your motor , it will not last to the firs oil change . it a valve keeper and valve wold have drop down . it they dropped it wen assembling at the factory or you just pop it in the last minute the motor was running . i think a motor will not run one minute with one keeper only on the valve . 

Edited by cisco 1
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm pretty upset...im going to take it back to the dealer.. I spoke with my dealer on phone and he is going to talk to his mechanic.. at first he said not a big deal but due to size of the peice I'm going to make sure they look through it thoroughly 

45 minutes ago, j_blankenship said:

That's a valve keeper that looks like it got ground up a bit coming to the bottom. There have been a couple of people find those, which is getting pretty ridiculous. I'd take it to your dealer immediately and have them go through the motor, totally under warranty of course!

J blankenship:

Does husky have a warranty on their bikes? I bought the bike brand new almost 2 weeks ago..

street model 6 month and off road bike 1 month . 

in canada you have 30 day "consumer protection law " you can return it and have full money back if there is a problem . a shity thing to do but i have seen it done , guaranty or not . 

Edited by cisco 1
  • Like 1

it realy not a big thing to check , it right on top of valve were you adjust your valve . only with a light you can check if there is 2 keeper per valve . you may have to remove rocker arm . it not a good thing to found but at least you did not drop a valve .  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, j_blankenship said:

That's a valve keeper that looks like it got ground up a bit coming to the bottom. There have been a couple of people find those, which is getting pretty ridiculous. I'd take it to your dealer immediately and have them go through the motor, totally under warranty of course!

J blankenship:

Does husky have a warranty on their bikes? I bought the bike brand new almost 2 weeks ago..

I'm going to have my dealer look into it.. I'm new to 4 strokes always owned 2 strokes but love this 350 four stroke.. I hope it lasts me a a long time! Thanks for the  info ?

Since you said your new to 4 strokes. Thats 1 of 2 identical parts that hold the valve up in the spring. That is why people are saying you're lucky you didn't drop a valve. This is from my bike, so it is not identical to yours. In the picture you can see two half circles around the top of the valve stem. 

IMG_0752.JPG

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gdoug219 said:

Is this a common problem for 4 strokes to do this? The bike only has 4 hours on it

No that is not common at all. Since your are not familiar with the bike and it is so new, I would have the dealer take a look at it. Like someone above said, it could be an extra part but that seems really weird and unlikely. 

• Like 1

Considering it had to go through the oil passages, I would want a new bike. That's 100% a valve keeper, I would take bike back, with that and either tell them to replace the engine or just give you a new bike. Considering it didn't drop the valve, you're lucky there, but what all did it pass through and mess up? It's steel, so good chance you will see the results during the first rebuild and be like "damnit"

talk to my dealer he said it's not about keeper I'm going back to the dealership to pick it up now....  I'm curious to find out what all it damaged... not sure what to do..  still under warranty I'm going to see if I can get a new bike

more than likely ,putting the motor together, they dropped a keeper in the motor, pretty sure the motor would have blown up, if actually missing one.
Definitely not ideal, but its happened before.

I bought a used crf250 that had one keeper on two valves....and it ran, and he ran it to dust! I pulled it apart because the guide was busted and smoked so bad it filled my garage in about 30 seconds. What I saw, it was just pure unbelief.... I know in shared oil for trans and crank that keeper going through once would be enough for me to get a refund or new bike.
  • Like 1