They got another one

44 minutes ago, L. Euler said:

Snagged it right out of my shop at my house in Jonesboro, GA.

That sucks.

I leave my shop unlocked but live at the end of a rural road with retired military across the street and retired law enforcement next door, both within sight and neither shy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dmac1 said:

Bummer man!  You can't trust anyone anymore.  Is this the second out of your shop or what happened the previous time(s)?

Third one. Two the first time. Now this. I gave some thought to chaining it as I left the house but didn't.  Wife and kids saw/heard nothing. 

Just now, L. Euler said:

Third one. Two the first time. Now this. I gave some thought to chaining it as I left the house but didn't.  Wife and kids saw/heard nothing. 

Gees!  I suggest you get some cameras set up....and consider a guard dog...and/or other deterrents. I'm assuming things are locked...I'd make it as hard as possible for the thief...who appears to have you scoped out. Be aware....they may decide to break into your house if it looks like an attractive target and easy enough.  I know nothing more than what you've posted, but I suspect local kids...or at least someone local...a hidden game camera or 2 just might identify the thieves...but of course, that'd mean you'll have lost another bike....or worse.

I know it was kids. They were around the house yesterday and today. Asked for "gas" yesterday. In fact, it spooked me a bit to the extent that I walked the property last night before going to bed. 

I wont elaborate all the security measures, but it's a lot. Bastards hit me in the middle of the day when all was unlocked. 

I just did too many things against my gut instinct since seeing them yesterday. 

• Like 1

I know it was kids. They were around the house yesterday and today. Asked for "gas" yesterday. In fact, it spooked me a bit to the extent that I walked the property last night before going to bed. 

I wont elaborate all the security measures, but it's a lot. Bastards hit me in the middle of the day when all was unlocked. 

That chain shackled to the floor is what normally holds both bikes.  Anchor nuts are welded.  Overhead door is normally double padlocked  and the man door requires a key to get in or out.

IMG_1054.JPG

Edited by L. Euler
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear this.

I have a "ring" doorbell that acts as a motion-activated security camera, records to a cloud, and can be viewed on my phone. They make just cameras, too, and many of their products are battery powered. You might look into their product or others like them.

I hope you get retribution. Good luck.

On 3/26/2017 at 9:33 PM, L. Euler said:

That chain shackled to the floor is what normally holds both bikes.  Anchor nuts are welded.  Overhead door is normally double padlocked  and the man door requires a key to get in or out.

IMG_1054.JPG

I would put that chain through the frame at some point. Seems ridiculous to hafta chain something inside a building...but they've gotten 3 of your bikes...holy cow!! What else are they stealing?  And I'm gonna guess the $ they get for stuff is used for drugs....are they tweakers or do ya know?

Edited by dmac1
  • Like 2

I used to chain all my bikes together then to something in the shop. Till the day I couldn't find my key and wanted to go ride. Turned on air compressor got cutoff wheel on die grinder and cut the case hardened lock and threw it in trash. Put better keyed only dead bolt in door with tamper proof screws. Figured if I had everything I needed to cut the lock that quick so could a thief.

• Like 4