Will a 2015 Yz450f head work on a 2010

Gents. Are the gtyr heads interchangeable between a 2010 and 2015. Thanks in advance.

I have a 10 and have a friend that raced the 15 at the pro level in Canada. Trying to score some cheap parts.

• Like 1

I can't suggest that there won't be any fitment problems with things like the intake or exhaust, or the head stays, but the '10-'13 and '15 models use the same head gasket and head bolts. 

After a major engine malfunction on my 12 I have been debating this same thing. The 14 and newer heads are supposed to produce more power than the 10-13 heads as far as bone stock goes. An oem head from online companies is almost 700$ bare, however a 14+ head was around 380$. I debated trying this swap myself but could never find anything to say it would or wouldn't work. I looked up gaskets and bolts too Grey but that was as far as I got. I ended up sending my head to get repaired as that was cheaper than buying a new oem head for a 10-13. I would've ran the newer head if I would've found info saying it would work. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and hoping someone will try this out.

Watchu guys looking at. I see 10-13 GYTR heads on eBay on the cheaps all the time. There is one complete for Five bills right now. 

What makes me think they do not fit is Yamaha GYTR lists them separately as fitting the 10-13 only. 

I paid eight hundred for a new 14-16 GYTR head. 

Do you have a link for the head for 500? I found one for about that price but it's over seas and is only the head and cam caps. How do you like the GYTR head on your bike? Noticeable difference? Pros and Cons?

So I went over to my buddies house today with my 10 head. The only difference is the water temp sensor is on the front in a dedicated port. The 15 head doesn't have it due to the exhaust running there and they relocated it to the fitting on the side that goes to the lower right rad. Everything else is identical. I'm going to mock it up to my 10. I'll keep you posted but as far as I can see you need to extend the temp harness and buy the 14-current fitting to relocate the temp sensor. 

Man this is going to get interesting, thanks for the update!

Thanks stevethe for sending me that link, I have been searching heads for a while after mine let go and did not see anything priced like that, wish I would've found something like that before I sent my head off. I would've bought it and been a lot closer to having my bike going again.

14 minutes ago, Rogerson Motorsports said:

Man this is going to get interesting, thanks for the update!

Thanks stevethe for sending me that link, I have been searching heads for a while after mine let go and did not see anything priced like that, wish I would've found something like that before I sent my head off. I would've bought it and been a lot closer to having my bike going again.

Yeah that is a amazing price for a complete GYTR head. It comes with everything. 

I couldn't believe I bought a new 14-16 complete GYTR head for $800. There are some deals out there. 

Same valve springs, valve spring seats, valve spring retainers, valve seals and shim buckets. looks like the valves are the only thing in that part different. Went to a 37mm intake valve vs the 10-13 had 36mm. Exhaust went from a 30 in 10-13 to a 30.5 for 14+ yz450. I think the cams are different but only because of their particular grind and not because they won't fit from one head to the next. This and that GYTR head have really peaked my interest.  

So I've done the mock up and the only issue is the water sensor and the upper engine mounts.(due to the offset the 10 has) This can be rectified by altering
The existing ones or ordering the current gen upper engine brackets. I timed the cams with the current gen cams and rolled over with no issues. I'll update once she is running. This will work!!

• Like 1

Sorry for.no reply. I ordered the 2015 upper engine mounts aND still had to alter them. After I built the upper engine mounts I'm five rounds in with no issues!! SUCCESS.