'85 RM125 Suspension Update

Hey all,

Im looking to update the suspension on my 1985 RM125 because it is insanely soft for me. I'm only a 150 lb rider so this leads me to believe that something is wrong. 

I'm not experienced with suspension work so I don't know what would cause this. 

I am also looking into an inverted fork swap and I was hoping that someone might know what triple clamps would fit my bike or what inverted forks would fit my stock triple clamps. 

All help/advice is appreciated, thanks!

I think the easiest way to a good suspension would be to slip a set of 1988 RM 250 forks into your stock triple clamps. The 88 forks look a lot like yours for the most part but they were awesome cartridge forks. You may have to use the 88 disc brake too but that would not be a bad thing.

Ed.

• Like 1

You can make any suspension stiffer, for the shock a stronger spring and a revalve. For forks the same plus you can raise the oil level to stop bottoming. The 88 250 forks were awesome and I put a set on my 91 DR 350 years ago and it was the best thing I did to that bike. Good Luck.

Ed

i am running 15w oil in my 1981 rm125 forks, the action is great with stock valving, but springs are still an issue. try re-springing it. its no different than a current bike. it still needs to be sprung correctly.