Wall Jump

Anybody see that wall jump in Saturday nights race in Detroit?

As it happens, my track just through one of these bad boys in last week. I was trying to see how the pros handle it but they are playing a much different game than me.  So far I'm just shifting my weight forward on the ramp. Any other tips?

Wall jumps are okay, not really a fan of them on MX tracks though.
I just try standing into them, then as I'm going up absorb with my legs and use the rear brake.

7 hours ago, Red800rider said:

Really!?!?!?!? Haven't been to hard rock in a while. ..can't believe they made a change out there. Have to go check it out.

Don't get to excited. They just tweaked it a bit for a race 2 wks ago. It's still a dog track. He's really let the place go. There is a big for sale sign out front.

6 hours ago, gatorfan said:

Don't get to excited. They just tweaked it a bit for a race 2 wks ago. It's still a dog track. He's really let the place go. There is a big for sale sign out front.

Sounds like a business opportunity.

21 hours ago, Red800rider said:

Okay...lol

Think wildwood hurting them?

Possibly. The owners are getting old too and probably just had enough. The economics of an MX track in a rural area must be brutal. Honestly I don't know how any of them stay open. Which explains why there are so few.  I'm gonna take a ride to Wildwood and check it out.

4 hours ago, gatorfan said:

Possibly. The owners are getting old too and probably just had enough. The economics of an MX track in a rural area must be brutal. Honestly I don't know how any of them stay open. Which explains why there are so few.  I'm gonna take a ride to Wildwood and check it out.

Tracks in my area seem to do decent and there is quite a few. The ones that put more effort in prep draw a pretty decent crowd. You reap what you sow. Are you going to become rich running an MX track - not likely. Can you make a living and be happy in what you do - I think so.