Do I Need a Revalve?

I have a 2016 YZ450. I race MX only in the 40+ and 45+ class. I weigh 168lbs.

Shock is Stock and Sag is set @103mm. With free sag of 38mm. Forks have had just the Float set an that's all, other than the float set the rest is all stock.

Here is my deal.......like at the race yesterday my clickers on my Forks were just one click away from being all out on both compression an rebound.

My shocks clickers on Compression is all out but rebound is ok. High speed is also ok.

I like the Forks on how they feel stock. They have that riding high in the stroke feeling and feel real plush on jump landings. It's just I run out of clicker adjustments on comp an rebound when track gets really chewed up an rough.

Not all ways do I have to run my clickers all the way out on Forks. Most tracks I set clickers with Forks compression set at 14 out and Rebound at 15-16 out.

Shock's compression I usually have at 15 out and HSC at 1 turn and a half out and Rebound at 30 out of 40 clicks.

This stock set up may be just fine for me or I may be just on the very tip edge of a revalve.

I might add........the only time I have to turn the clickers to all most all out, is when the track gets chewed up and real rough. Other than that I am ok.

Normal settings on Forks go like this.

Fork comp = 14 out

Fork Reb= 15 out

Shock Comp= 14 out

Shock Reb= 30 out

Shock HSC= 1 1/2 out

I just think I can get the suspension on this bike set up a bit better but don't know exactly what. One thing I don't want to mess with, is how it has that riding high in the stroke feeling.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Yes your just on the edge, on the forks you could just run the redlinr like water oil and it will lighten the damping by a few clicks on comp and rebound

Is the bike valved stiff now? I mean.....since I am having to open the clickers up so far,does that mean it is valved too stiff for me?
Or I am needing a stiffer valving due to riding faster or harder?

Yes your just on the edge, on the forks you could just run the redlinr like water oil and it will lighten the damping by a few clicks on comp and rebound

The Redline Like water Fluid From Rocky Mountain ATV/MC says it is for Shock Absorbers. Can you still use it in Forks even though it says it's for shock's?

It comes in 16oz bottles,so would I need 4 bottles for Forks and 2 for shock?

Shewwww......that $76 for 6 bottles. Redline must be some good Fluid.

On 3/27/2017 at 6:31 AM, CaptainKnobby said:

I just think I can get the suspension on this bike set up a bit better but don't know exactly what. One thing I don't want to mess with, is how it has that riding high in the stroke feeling.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Making a small change to the shim stacks to effectively go a "clicker range" softer is an easy revalve.  You can do that yourself with youtube and a little mechanical know-how.  The gang here will give you feedback on stacks if you ask for it.  I haven't researched the stock settings on the 2016 but you can probably achieve what you want by removing a face shim or two in the MV on the fork (leave the base valve) and remove a few face shims on the shock.  I can help if you need it.  

• Like 1

Making a small change to the shim stacks to effectively go a "clicker range" softer is an easy revalve.  You can do that yourself with youtube and a little mechanical know-how.  The gang here will give you feedback on stacks if you ask for it.  I haven't researched the stock settings on the 2016 but you can probably achieve what you want by removing a face shim or two in the MV on the fork (leave the base valve) and remove a few face shims on the shock.  I can help if you need it.  

I will do that next time I change the fluid in the Forks. Like I say......it just needs a little something.