difference between goggle frames

I'm currently looking to buy new goggles. had 100% and hated them, always got dirt in them somehow. i think they were to big for the helmet so they never sat right so i was looking at going back to oakley. my big question is thats the difference between O-frame, L-frame, Crowbar ect. i have a aria helmet size small and want something that will fit my face and stop dirt from migrating to the insides. any other brands that fit this helmet well? any info would be greatly appreciated

I love my 100% Acuris, but I have to agree, they don't fit all helmets very well.  They didn't fit exactly right in the opening of my Fly, but they fit fine in my new Bell.  Its that ridge at the top in the middle.

agreed with the 100% being nose pinchers. the Spy googles are nice, I don't like Smith they seem to fog more then the 100% or Spy.

Every helmet different along with goggles, fit at same time, only chance of it being right! Been there forsure

If you go with Oakley, get the O frame. The smaller frame, cheaper price (compared to other Oakley's) and good lenses, you won't won't be unhappy with them. They should fit most helmets as well. Don't buy goggles on looks or price point either. Goggles are for eye protection and visibility, not a fashion statement. If you are super concerned about fit, take your helmet to the shop of your choice (cycle gear sells Oakley goggles) and try them on with your helmet. Another thing to consider when buying goggles is cost of lenses and availability. If you buy $90 goggles but can only get lenses from an on-line retailer for $35+$10 shipping, that makes lenses 1/2 the price of your goggles. Oakley, Spy, Fly and a few other brands are usually readily available at a local dealer and should be a consideration in your purchase. Also, goggles fit everyone different. My nose, the shape of my face and helmet size is not the same as yours, so my preference in goggle fit is probably different than a lot of other peoples.

I used to buy Scott goggles, but gave up on them, their quality has gone down hill and I now consider them disposable goggles.

Find a store local to you and take your helmet with you. Put your lid on and try them all rather than ask what brand the internet likes.

• Like 1