Just Dropping by to say Hey to the 250L Crew

20 minutes ago, michaelg131 said:

on a mostly sorted DR650

Nice of you to check in ... :thumbsup:   post up some DR650 pic's .... I know you have some... :ride:   

19 minutes ago, michaelg131 said:

The honda vibed less but the DR can go over 100 mph.

I bought my son a 2017 WR250R and it will do over 90mph. I have not really rode it much yet but, I am a little impressed with it so far ... :thumbsup: 

1474936976070.jpg

1475022252714.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

A few things on my impression of the WR250.  Wow, tall.  The bike sits so high I have to shift to dab.  The bottom end of the bike feels a bit... Lacking.  Like the 250L pulled from low rpm much better the WR for lack of a better word had a powerband.  Ergos, for a stock seat it's surprisingly comfortable, and the rake / riding position is by far head and shoulders above any other dual sport.  Fit and finish / transmission the bike also seems much better built than the competition.  To be honest I am lusting after an Africa twin now lol.

Edited by michaelg131
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, michaelg131 said:

To be honest I am lusting after an Africa twin now lol.

I wish they made a 500cc Africa Twin and keep it well under 400 lbs  ...  :thumbsup:    I really like the Africa Twin but it is just so dang big and limited to the trails I could ride it on. It would make a real nice street bike for me ... :lol:    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, michaelg131 said:

Oh btw if you want side covers for the WR http://japan.webike.net/products/19808130.html 

I would love to get the yellow retro plastics but, they were a limited edition model and you have to not only prove you own the bike but also turn in your old original yellow plastics to get them. 

And since technically it is not my bike .... Noah can get a job and mod it all he wants. When I got it for him for his birthday he agreed that I would pay the payments for a year or so until he gets a job and then he will continue the payments. But, I am not worried about that really. He will need a car etc .... 

yellowwr250r.jpg

Edited by gnath9