Im 14 5'5 and 123 pounds and i am looking for my first dirtbike. I want to buy a two stroke not a four stroke. Ive had my eye on the kx100 and yz125. Keep in mind that i want a bike i can grow into.if u have any other bike suggestions please let me know.

3 minutes ago, cooldudesmd said:

Too small. You need a big four stroke.

Suggestions?

3 minutes ago, cooldudesmd said:

Too small. You need a big four stroke.

I plan to ride offroad or maybe on some tracks.

KDX would prob be better for trails in general. A YZ is more for track. You'll prob be able to "grow" into the YZ more and it'll prob be more fun just cause it's a MX bike. If you're mainly gonna ride off road a KDX will probably be your better choice but I have a feeling it will probably suffer on the track while a YZ would be really great on the track but just good on the trails. 

Edited by TheKX500boi

1 minute ago, TheKX500boi said:

KDX would prob be better for trails in general. A YZ is more for track. You'll prob be able to "grow" into the YZ more and it'll prob be more fun just cause it's a MX bike. If you're mainly gonna ride off road a KDX will probably be your better choice but I have a feeling it will probably suffer on the track while a YZ would be really great on the track but just good on the trails. 

I appreciate the info! Do both have too much power for me?

9 minutes ago, Ryan Torrescano said:

I appreciate the info! Do both have too much power for me?

Maybe a bit too much. The KDX will be more mellow and the delivery will be more linear while the YZ will be more in your face ( which does make it very fun ), but also more power and harder hitting. Not sure on exact figures but the YZ might actually make more even though it is a smaller displacement. If you take it easy. Start slow and just learn to ride and respect the power of the bike you'll be able to handle it. I started riding when I was a year older than you and weight maybe 20 pounds more on a 250 2 stroke. I was a quick learner but for me the bike was heavy and sometimes a bit too much power. But I never really got in a bad accident because I took my time learning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKX500boi said:

Maybe a bit too much. The KDX will be more mellow and the delivery will be more linear while the YZ will be more in your face ( which does make it very fun ), but also more power and harder hitting. Not sure on exact figures but the YZ might actually make more even though it is a smaller displacement. If you take it easy. Start slow and just learn to ride and respect the power of the bike you'll be able to handle it. I started riding when I was a year older than you and weight maybe 20 pounds more on a 250 2 stroke. I was a quick learner but for me the bike was heavy and sometimes a bit too much power. But I never really got in a bad accident because I took my time learning. 

Thanks! I really appreciate all the info!