Race numbers but don't race - suggestions needed

I had my "special" number when I used to ride and race when I was much younger. Recently just got back into riding and found a semi-custom graphic kit I like but am unsure if I should put my name and old number on the bike. I don't have plans on racing mx, but I ride mx tracks often. There is a chance I will enter into harescrambles from time to time. 

Anyway, what do you guys think - should I put the numbers & name on? The kit looks slick with the black backgrounds and white numbers. 

Do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. If you like it, go for it. :thumbsup:

I am one of the last of my riding buddies that are still consistently racing. All of the ones that have stopped still run their old numbers on their bikes. Anyone that cares about stuff like that doesn't have enough going on in their own life. 

• Like 5

You don't have to just stick with the traditional name and number.  You can use special characters.  You can have a short message.  I saw a video of a guy in Australia who always has several bikes and he put the CCs on his number plates so it makes it easy to identify (they're all KTMs) which I thought was thoughtful.  Use your imagination.

I wouldn't go putting numbers on your bike if you plan on racing. I run my AMA number on my bike because it's my number. If I saw a dude with my number on his bike I would ask him why then ask him to kindly change it or at least place an X or something after it.

If you aren't racing then who cares.

My mom thought it was cute to put a #4 on my number plates of my PW50 since it was a birthday present for my 4th birthday. That lasted until I started racing MX

• Like 1

I was talking with a friend at the races this last weekend about numbers. We were thinking of maybe trying to use the symbol for pie or infinity. 

4 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

I was talking with a friend at the races this last weekend about numbers. We were thinking of maybe trying to use the symbol for pie or infinity. 

How about an image of Buzz Lightyear. LoL

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DirtBikeHead said:

Bike looks awesome man! Love the decals & exhaust!

Thanks. The other must-have upgrade is a gripper seat. For now on I will not ride a bike without one. Gripper seat was installed right after that picture.

Edited by GoneDirtBikeN

1 minute ago, DirtBikeHead said:

Yea I have the OEM gripper seat on my KX but I plan on getting one with the ribs. I really like the look of the FX one with a bump but hear it lets water through it and soaks the foam. What brand did you go with?

Yea I went with the ribbed seat from MotoSeat. Graphics are from DecalMX Here's a pic with the seat cover. I belong to the OTHG (Over the Hill Gang) and both offer discounts because of that. I liked DecalMX because you can see the design online. I got to choose the yellow in the graphics to tie into the background color that I have to run in OTHG Novice. I also got to pick the yoshimura logo and a couple others in their "ready made" complete kit.

IMAG0640.jpg

Put whatever you want on YOUR plate. I'm done racing and still run my old number just because. If someone currently held that active number and asked me to remove mine they'd get one of these...

IMG_0957.JPG

• Like 7

11 hours ago, GoneDirtBikeN said:

Which one screams "ride me, I'm fast" more?

Capture-2.JPG

11 hours ago, GoneDirtBikeN said:

Which one screams "ride me, I'm fast" more?

Capture-2.JPG

Hmm, that's a tough one! But both look, Honda should've made the top of the stock seat black. Not sure I dig the whole red seat. Doesn't matter, your "new" bike looks sick. 

9 hours ago, Jrs Turn said:

Put whatever you want on YOUR plate. I'm done racing and still run my old number just because. If someone currently held that active number and asked me to remove mine they'd get one of these...

IMG_0957.JPG

Right! They'd have some big balls to ask me to remove my numbers lol. 

• Like 3