Signs of improvement always make you feel good

A while back my favorite track changed the layout to include a new/different step up and a double-double.

When I first looked at them I figure the step up would be easy and the double-double would not be much trouble to learn. So the step up is "up hill" and I just could not nut-up and go for it. The double-double just frustrated me to no end. This past Saturday during practice laps walked over to the guy who sells gear out of a truck (really big truck, most "shops" have less gear) and bought a pair of knee braces. Strapped them on.  Cleared the step-up and breezed through the double-double. After just a few laps of that I decided to quit on a good note; plus the next day was a OTHG race so I wanted save something...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
A while back my favorite track changed the layout to include a new/different step up and a double-double.
When I first looked at them I figure the step up would be easy and the double-double would not be much trouble to learn. So the step up is "up hill" and I just could not nut-up and go for it. The double-double just frustrated me to no end. This past Saturday during practice laps walked over to the guy who sells gear out of a truck (really big truck, most "shops" have less gear) and bought a pair of knee braces. Strapped them on.  Cleared the step-up and breezed through the double-double. After just a few laps of that I decided to quit on a good note; plus the next day was a OTHG race so I wanted save something...

It seems that to go fast on an MX track you have to take risks...if you takes risks, eventually you are going to fall...when you fall, you can mess yourself up...I'm new and pretty fearful...fortunately, I don't need to be the fastest...I would like to learn good technique in slow steps and to get race experience without the expectation of staying with the leaders who have been racing a lot of years...nothing better than practicing a new technique and seeing it make you faster and safer...