17250xc-w or te250 pipe bang problem

Just wondering if anybody has that annoying pipe bang noise when letting off the throttle and bike engine speed is dropping down to idle. Anybody find a fix. Thanks

I just noticed a similar noise today on my 2017 300, but wasn't sure exactly where or what caused the noise...

Lean out you air screw and or lower the idle. It used to drive me crazy but any more i ignore it and run the carb the way i like. 

• Like 2

You guys are running the bikes Way to hard...

they are not ment to be opened up so much.

Rk tek head fixed my 18 300 xc pipe bang

Do you run their recommended gas ratio with the RK Tech?

Also having this same problem. Kinda nerve racking.

2 hours ago, E-TECH said:

You guys are running the bikes Way to hard...

they are not ment to be opened up so much.

Only happens when i chop throttle after a 1/4-1/2 throttle rev.. dont think thats running it hard lol..

1 hour ago, sturchy said:

Do you run their recommended gas ratio with the RK Tech?

Also having this same problem. Kinda nerve racking.

Did you re jet when you installed your rk tek? If so do you think it could have attributed to fix? My initial thoughts are pilot being rich but i dont want to lean it to far out..

Did you re jet when you installed your rk tek? If so do you think it could have attributed to fix? My initial thoughts are pilot being rich but i dont want to lean it to far out..

I dont have an rk head. Was just wondering. I do know that with the rk head they want you to run richer jetting.

6 minutes ago, Scottwr12345 said:

I have a keihin pwk 38 air striker,i went richer on the needle in the mid range and 1 up on my main jet.i do think the pipe bang is reduced by leaning out the bottom end.have you done a plug chop in the pilot range to see if you are rich?

• Like 2

Most of mine went away when I took off the Mikuni and installed the Keihin.  Not trying to start that discussion though.  

• Like 2

Most of mine went away when I took off the Mikuni and installed the Keihin.  Not trying to start that discussion though.  

Yeah don't start that discussion LOL
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, sturchy said:

Yeah don't start that discussion LOL

I hesitated to respond, Mikuni’s and I don’t get along, lol.

• Like 1

Dumb me didnt even think to do a plug chop at 1/4-1/2 throttle... on another note does anyone have any idea if this pipe bang causes any damage or issues? Because my bike runs insanely good at all rev ranges..

7 hours ago, Scottwr12345 said:

Dumb me didnt even think to do a plug chop at 1/4-1/2 throttle... on another note does anyone have any idea if this pipe bang causes any damage or issues? Because my bike runs insanely good at all rev ranges..

From what i have heard it is just excess fuel that did not burn that reignites inside the pipe and is harmless.try richer in a section then leaner if it improves you know where to focus.

• Like 2

Everyone beat me to it, but toss either a 38mm (more top end) or 36mm (more bottom end) Keihin Air Stryker and RK Tek head on it - problem solved :).. But I fully understand that's a lot of money.

That's what I did.  It's not even the same bike (RK Tek head and 36mm Keihin).  It turned this bike into a force to be reckoned with lol.

Edited by quikcolin
  • Like 1