Best fork seals for the price

In my experience, trying to save a few bucks on suspension components always ends up costing more to fix right later on.

Pivot Works, All Balls etc. have an alluring lower price over OEM parts but each time I've used them,

quite often the seals leaked after a few rides and required yet another refurb much sooner than anticipated.

As with their shock linkage repair kits, the seal material is inferior, often less pliable and more prone to tearing.

Do it once, do it right, bite the bullet and get an OEM seals & bushings kit.

(forks with worn bushings also can make brand new seals soon leak)

Edited by mlatour

You asked "Best fork seals for the price" which can only be answered by you. How much quality is worth how much money is impossible for us to answer.

And you can Google to find the lowest price.

I agree with the earlier answer, go OEM, don't waste time and money trying to save a buck.

I've used the pro x seal and dust seal kit from Rocky Mountain mc and they last a long time. It's a good idea to change seals and dust seals at the same time.

My best luck has been with OE and Race Tech.  There are some that say the newer forks (my newest are 47mm showas) OE is clearly better than the rest.   For the 43' 46' and 47mm forks I have the best luck with RaceTech bushings,  the seals are a tossup between Race Tech and OE.   

I use the SKF seals.... best I've ever used and take a heck of a beating and last a long time

• Like 1

Currently replacing fork seals on my 99 Ktm 250Sx. Went over to the Honda/Ktm store near my house yesterday and they ordered me some moose oil and dust seals. $30 for them.  

51 minutes ago, Anthony Mahoney said:

damn 2 guys from CT haha did not know there were many riders in CT, do you go to Rocky Hill or the Thomaston dam? I mean Rocky hill is closing this year but yea. @AARON915 @motonack

Went to rocky hill once and wrecked myself and my bike lol, first time at a track. My bikes aren't Street legal so I don't ride thomaston. Plenty of trails to ride though :) not legal ones sadly 

lmfao but yea you only need an all terrain plate which is like $100 or so depending on the bike and it is a one time fee. Some do not even ride there with a plate but yea haha I feel you @AARON915

Edited by Anthony Mahoney