Help valve recommendations

Finally got bike together, but I'm pretty sure I need a valve job. Was cleaning the head earlier, and when I sprayed cleaner into the intake and exhaust, it leaked a bit out of the right side exhaust/intake valves. I need recommendations on what kind of set up I should go with. What lasts the longest? 

Bike was just completely rebuilt, top and bottom end, along with the transmission. It has a hot rods crank & main bearings, and a cylinder works 269cc big bore kit. 

Edited by AlotL1keVegas

Are you considering stainless valves instead of the Ti intakes? If you want it to last I'd go with that. I've had Ti last me a while to tho. About 5 years, or seasons I should say being this far north.

How do you like that 270 kit. I'd like to have one. My 06 needs a full rebuild as well

When I sprayed brake cleaner into exhaust and intake ports, the right intake leaked a bit after a couple seconds, and the left intake leaked a bit after about 5 or 6 seconds. The right exhaust valve leaked a bit after about 5 or 6 seconds as well. The left exhaust valve didnt leak at all. 

Do you think I can get away with just having the seats cut? 

Edited by AlotL1keVegas

I was hoping I could get away with re using the old valves yes. 

Can you grind the oem valves? I know they have a coating on them, but I was told that the coating wears off fairly quick, so it doesn't matter if you grind them.

On 3/27/2017 at 4:55 PM, AlotL1keVegas said:

Finally got bike together, but I'm pretty sure I need a valve job. Was cleaning the head earlier, and when I sprayed cleaner into the intake and exhaust , it leaked a bit out of the right side exhaust/intake valves. I need recommendations on what kind of set up I should go with. What lasts the longest? 

Bike was just completely rebuilt, top and bottom end, along with the transmission. It has a hot rods crank & main bearings, and a cylinder works 269cc big bore kit. 

So the bike or engine was completely rebuilt but the cylinder head wasnt, that doesnt make sense?

20 hours ago, AlotL1keVegas said:

I was hoping I could get away with re using the old valves yes. 

Can you grind the oem valves? I know they have a coating on them, but I was told that the coating wears off fairly quick, so it doesn't matter if you grind them.

Sometimes you can reuse the old valves depending on their condition.

The Oem intake valves are coated and cant be ground or refaced. Without the coating the valve seating area is just to soft. The Oem exhaust valves are both steel and stainless steel-two piece valves and can generally be refaced if in decent shape. The seats in the cylinder head need to be trued or cut.

Alright thanks. Yes the bike and engine were just gone through top to bottom. I just dropped the head off last night to be worked. Couple weeks and we'll see what kind of damage with cylinder works 270 kit does. Thanks guys