Big bear 400 oil cooling element

My oil cooling element for my 2000 big bear 400 has a crack in it.  these things are so expensive to replace.  This atv has sat for 15 years and there are a lot of expenses already in fixing it up.  My question is, is there a way to fix it, weld, solder, ext.  Do they make an epoxy.  If you look at the pic you can see the pic at the bottom. Whats the best and easiest way to fix this. Please help

IMG_2725.PNG

Edited by scb41681

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Ghent's05KDX200
      recently bought a 2005 Kawasaki KDX200 and I'm in need of radiator guards, skid plate, and other stuff to make It perfect for woods.  the only radiator guards I can find are the DeVol ones, there are a bunch of mixed reviews so I was wondering if there was another option from other brands that would fit perfect.  if anybody has any other recommendations for parts that would help it perform in woods let me know. Planning on getting an FMF gnarly woods pipe, FMF turbine core 2 silencer, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, moose universal pipe guard or P3 Carbon guard, Moose skid plate, and of course radiator guards. also looking at a rear mx style fender instead of the stock one as well as number plate instead of headlight. Also does anyone know what tires are really good for trails? something that grips well but maybe (if possible) break loose a little when I get on it because that's always really fun. Thanks for the input
    • By Serg Orlovskiy
      hey so i encountered a problem so i drained all the coolant, and checked the valves on the bike and it was all in clearance, put it all together filled up the coolant, fired up, let it sit in the garage for a bit noticed coolant leaked out the over flow
      and i went ahead and topped it off and let it sit for a while
      and i just looked at it there was what looked like probably most of the coolant that was in the bike on the floor 
      anyone have any idea what i should do next? the store is closed so i can't buy anymore coolant atm i use engine ice.
    • By DeanMYZ250F
      I have a bad leak on my left side radiator (not cap side) and I need to know if radiators off of a different bike would fit mine. $435 CAD is a little too much for me to pay for an OEM radiator so I'd like to see what my other options are. Other suggestions would be helpful, aftermarket brand-wise.
    • By bigg_stevee
      I recently replaced water pump and seal after I noticed that my '02 CRF450R was spilling coolant on easy trail rides. After the water pump swap (which was successful), I noticed the same problem. It's interesting - the bike only spits coolant (I mean a LOT of coolant) after passing anything above 1/2 throttle. The bike makes this weird 'gurgling' noise, like trying to suck through a straw when your glass is almost empty. This is weird because I properly bled/ burped the radiators with coolant, and filled them to normal operating levels. The coolant spills through overflow hose. 
      anyways - I swapped the radiator because I thought maybe the bike was running hot. I purchased oversized radiators, bought a 1.6 radiator cap (with a temp gauge) and bought engine ice. The bike runs very very cool - the temp gauge allows me to see this. Still, the bike shoots coolant out of the overflow after going above half throttle, making the same weird gurgling noise when it does. Bike has all of its power, top end was replaced not too long ago. 
      I'm lost and don't know what is wrong with the cooling system in my bike. How do I make the bike stop shooting out coolant, and stop making the weird gurgle noise??? Any advice would help me!!! Thank you!
    • By WheeliePete
      I'm getting my bike ready to run a big chunk of the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route (OBDR) this summer so I'm going through it adding things I think will help bulletproof the bike and maybe keep me from having "issues" when I'm 100 miles from nowhere in the middle of the desert in Eastern Oregon.   What I hate is that since these products are made for such a niche market the prices are just ridiculous.  So in that vein, here's another $89 worth of aluminum...sigh...  One thing I've noticed online is that there is sometimes a lack of good clear pictures or videos on specific parts for the DR-Z, so I try to rectify that with my videos. (aka: I use a tripod as much as possible...lol...)