Can wheelies hurt your engine?

Possible in a 4 stroke if you doing wheelies that are miles ( I mean miles without dropping the front wheel ) long it might starve the engine for oil. But I am not sure how the oil pick up is designed on a 4 stroke mx bike. Chances are the manufactures designed it so this doesn't happen. But I agree there are better things to learn than wheelies. Like roosting ;)

• Like 1

If you wheelied a 4t engined bike for an extended time and the oil all ran away from the pick up tube causing loss of oil pressure you would definitely do damage. I know for sure that many an engine has been killed on super sports by the the street stuntin' boys this way, I have no idea if any current dirt bike engines have a weakness like this. 

Hypothetically you could ride a 2 stroke at 12 O'clock until the tank runs dry.

9 minutes ago, HappyAndy said:

If you wheelied a 4t engined bike for an extended time and the oil all ran away from the pick up tube causing loss of oil pressure you would definitely do damage. I know for sure that many an engine has been killed on super sports by the the street stuntin' boys this way, I have no idea if any current dirt bike engines have a weakness like this. 

Hypothetically you could ride a 2 stroke at 12 O'clock until the tank runs dry.

Hell yeah just another reason to get a two stroke. :devil:

• Like 1

You're more likely to hurt your rear fender and your ass than your motor. Knock yourself out.

• Like 3