2013 Beta 300RR Clutch and Fan Issue

Hi All!

I've had a read across the forum but would love it if someone with more knowledge than myself (very easy lol) could give me some advice.

Ive just bought myself a 2013 beta 300RR factory edition.

The issue with my clutch is when i pull the clutch lever in it never completely disengages, the bike still tries to move forward slightly or stall. Which makes downhill decents very interesting. From what I've read i should start with bleeding the system? Does this sound like it could be the issue?

Secondly the bike is fitted with a fan (not sure if this is factory fitted or not?). I went for my first proper ride on the bike on Sunday and when we stopped halfway the fan turned on... and never stopped. It went on for about 30 minutes or so after i stopped. I tried unplugging it and then plugging back in but it continued to spin until my batter died. Should i fit a simple switch to avoid this maybe?

Thank you all in advance!

You could try replacing xmission fluid. If you want to open it up you can try sanding the steels. Of course that assumes the clutch and slave are good.

Regarding the fan it seems like a stuck fan switch but it could actually be over heating. Try testing the fan switch first. If it passes look for a stuck thermostat or other cooling issues

Poor clutch disengagement is normal on these bikes. The feel and consistency of the clutch is deemed more important than most anything else.

It will get better by about 20 hours, but will always be there. Also, the hotter the clutch gets, the better it disngages.

Getting a better lever with lever position and engagment settings, will help a lot (Boano)

Edited by Krannie McKranface

Its not normal.  Bleed and/or rebuild the clutch master/slave, its past due.  Any lever that makes pull easy will make drag worse as you trade hydraulic travel for leverage, its simple, no free lunch.   I race HS with dead engine starts, and in gear one kick start is easy.  For me faster than the button. 

Edited by GP

I second that. My new xtrainer drags when cold but once warm not at all. When cold is normal but when hot it shouldnt.

Hey All!

Thanks for all he replies, I also had a chat with Beta as i just had the bike serviced.. Apparently they used a different brand of oil to the one they normally use. So they have asked me to drop the bike back off and they will replace the oil with the standard brand. Hopefully that sorts it out.. 

If not i will be going through all the steps above to try figure out the issue. Forgot the mention the bike has about 65 hours on it.

Thanks again all!

• Like 1