KTM... the best bike ever !!!!

6 minutes ago, M1Garand said:

Damn your hate runs deep.

On second thought you're probably right, that's exactly what they should do, because if they try to update it to a new gen their current design team would probably try something stupid like turning the cylinder around, even if it means building a frame wide enough to make this chick jealous...

PHAT.png

• Like 4

On second thought you're probably right, that's exactly what they should do, because if they try to update it to a new gen their current design team would probably try something stupid like turning the cylinder around, even if it means building a frame wide enough to make this chick jealous...
PHAT.png

I'd ride the shít out of that, looks fun
  • Like 13

I have always been a Yamaha guy, but it's pretty hard to argue that KTMs are good bikes when they went 2-6 (Husky in 6th), and it's not like Baggett and Millsaps are what you'd consider title contenders. Of course, we're not comparing apples to apples because they are factory (or close to it) bikes.

That being said, I think that with a Dungey or a Tomac on a Yamaha, they'd be right there also.

Just my $.02, and that's all the money I have in my pocket.  :cheers:

Edited by jcm3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

He fell off his PW50 when he was 16 and still blames Yamaha for it.  But rebuilding KTM transmissions every 2 years is considered normal ?.

I actually did eat shit on a pw50 yzinger actually and it may have been the 80cc version, don't recall actually, but I do recall the frame had cracked several times... Only bike I've ever ridden with a cracked frame. Better go check yours. 

• Like 2

On 3/28/2017 at 11:34 AM, whoops dude said:

I'm not jumping on the KTMs suck bandwagon but the only people I hear complaining about them at the track are KTM owners.

I like to complain about Kawasakis, though I have never owned one.   (Just kidding)

I think it's logical that some owners are not happy.   Last time I was at an enduro, it looked like a friggen KTM riders meeting.

I do like that KTM has caused Yamaha and Honda to make an "out of the box" XC bike...  like we requested back in the 70's.

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I actually did eat shit on a pw50 yzinger actually and it may have been the 80cc version, don't recall actually, but I do recall the frame had cracked several times... Only bike I've ever ridden with a cracked frame. Better go check yours. 

You are probably still riding that 80. It is only a small step up to your 200 for that matter.?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

You are probably still riding that 80. It is only a small step up to your 200 for that matter.?

My 200 is closer in power to your big fat pigs, maybe even more than your 400.   But probably closer in weight to the little zinger.  Nice combination of you ask me.  

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

My 200 is closer in power to your big fat pigs, maybe even more than your 400.   But probably closer in weight to the little zinger.  Nice combination of you ask me.  

:ride: You done fixing that bad girl yet? I changed the jetting on my wife's xr100 last weekend that thing is a blast to ride now. Gotta clean the carb on the yz250f next. I could spend days just doing maintenance on the shit we have. Wanted to ride the wr this weekend but probably going to have snow. Trail Rider magazine had a bunch of articles on the Timber Sled in the latest issue, this global cooling shit keeps up out here in New England and I might have to get one...:banghead:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Yeah those 80's have some serious juice.  My frame has no cracks, it's the much loved 10-13 250F frame.  Too bad my engine doesn't tilt backwards like all the cool kids' bikes. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I had one of those KTM 200's, and I had Clay Wolfe down in Texas mod her up. Absolute powerhouse!!!! I just wished I could have come to terms with how she handled, I might have kept drinking the Orange Koolaid if that had happened.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chaconne said:

:ride: You done fixing that bad girl yet? I changed the jetting on my wife's xr100 last weekend that thing is a blast to ride now. Gotta clean the carb on the yz250f next. I could spend days just doing maintenance on the shit we have. Wanted to ride the wr this weekend but probably going to have snow. Trail Rider magazine had a bunch of articles on the Timber Sled in the latest issue, this global cooling shit keeps up out here in New England and I might have to get one...:banghead:

It was fixed a long time ago, going riding on it today.

4 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

I had one of those KTM 200's, and I had Clay Wolfe down in Texas mod her up. Absolute powerhouse!!!! I just wished I could have come to terms with how she handled, I might have kept drinking the Orange Koolaid if that had happened.

When Clay was at Munn Racing?  That's who did mine and it rips! All you needed to do was send the suspension to Dicks Racing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

When Clay was at Munn Racing?  That's who did mine and it rips! All you needed to do was send the suspension to Dicks Racing.

Munn racing spam my email the mutha&%$#@!ers.

No, I am not buying the husqvarna on special for a milited time only in Texas or wherever the &%$#@! it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BushPig said:

What year?

'03

The worst possible year!!!!

I had my suspension done 6 times that year, and none were great, some were ok.

4 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Yes, but he had just went out on his own.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2017 at 11:34 PM, KTMRider4Life said:

PHAT.png

$$$ she needs extra seat..  not into that..  :ride:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/fake-doctor-sentenced-after-injecting-patients-buttocks-with-cement/2017/03/28/ffae58ca-13be-11e7-bb16-269934184168_video.html

Edited by Havingfun